Author Topic: MK3 Converted GT  (Read 3028 times)

Offline forbes-1234

• Members
MK3 Converted GT
« on: July 23, 2013, 08:00:24 pm »
Hello,

The time has come for me to sell my converted GT.
The car was originally a standard MK3 Fox but was converted to have a GT engine by the previous owner.

Red Fox chassis.
Standard GT engine and gearbox with no modifications, just over 90000 miles, the clocks match the engine.
From Cat back Ashley stainless steel exhaust system, hung well under car does not knock or scrape.
BBS wheels unsure of what type but they can be seen in the picture, one centre cap is missing.
Front tyres are brand new Toyo Proxies, only 600 miles on them.
Continental rear tyres with plently of tread.
GT front and rear seats.
Body work is good, only a few little dents and minor amount of rust.
The underside of the car and sills are pretty solid too.
Stereo included and has rear speakers fitted.
New coil pack, dizzy cap and rotor arm fitted around 1000 miles ago.
256mm Vauxhall front brake setup with braided hoses.
Rear brakes are standard, the handbrake is poor, cable may need a bit more tension or the brake shoes need replacing, I have not had a chance to have a look.
ARB blocks fitted and track control arms have polybushes.

Currently has no MOT but has a good few months Tax, I will confirm Tax expiry date.
I believe the car will need some work for it to pass an MOT, there is a clunk from the front suspension when cornering right and the suspension does not like any sort of bump, this might be down to it being a polo or worn suspension.

The ride is not great, I think the shocks need replacing, however I have 2 golf rear coilovers that will be included in the sale.

I have been as honest as possible in this for sale thread and I am not going to lie, a little work will be required to get the car back to a really good state.
I have only used the car as a run around so have not put much effort into restoring it or doing it up, I have only replaced essentials.
This would be a cracking little car for someone who has the time to fix it up a little.

The engine is a very good one, it pulls remarkably well for a 1.3, everyone who gets in it is surprised by its performance.

Looking for £700 however I am open to sensible offers, but no swaps or part exchange please.

PM me or text me if interested.

Car is located just south of Manchester, near stockport,