Author Topic: newbie on clubg40  (Read 2831 times)

Offline vdubdud3

• Members
newbie on clubg40
« on: July 06, 2013, 07:55:03 pm »
Hi guys/gals just wanted to say hello:), just joined the site ;D, im also on clubpolo so may aswell join this 1if theres anyone from there say hi, I dont own a g40, but I am in the middle of doing a turbo conversion on my coupe/aav engine, be nice to know your input dudes, and im always on the look out for parts for it, so if you have any dont hesitate to message me.

thanks all:)

Offline z3i

• Members
Re: newbie on clubg40
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 08:23:49 pm »
Welcome :) life is good here :D
you following that turbo conversion guide in the faq? looks like a proper good guide
Taylor

Offline vdubdud3

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 11:36:45 pm »
Hi pal thanks for the welcome ;D, if its cheys your on abouf with the white coupe then yeah pritty much that to a certain extent, but not running g40 management etc, its a renault 5 carb with solex inlet and t2/25 turbo, still alot of work to do bud, the block/head/gearbox are painted few bits being powdercoated:)
parts still need are fmic and pipes, oil cooler kit, slimline fan, need a downpipe fabricated the list is endless and frying my brain lol but all be worth it

hows your g40 treating you mate? Any mods? Or is that a stupid question:)

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 05:38:41 am »
Wow!! Thats insane! Got any pics? never seen anything like that before, That will sound epic! You cant beat the sound of a carb, plus turbo spool

sound like your doing pretty well with it :) look forward to seeing it, yep "the list is endless" i know that feeling lol
thats the one, is really well written
indeed, many many mods, forged pistons, 1341 bottom end, psd cam, toothies but to name a few, recently drove to switzerland in it, check out the post in this section a few below yours
theres plenty of parts that come up for sale on here, and lots of helpful people :)
Taylor

Offline vdubdud3

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 10:02:59 pm »
Hi bud, well turbo kits comin mid next week then its all systems go:) I will be putting a build thread up of it very soon ill keep you posted when its on here matey:), well. Wow yours sounds pritty nuts tbh dude bet them pistons were a pritty penny! Is this your daily driver?