Author Topic: cylinder head porting  (Read 2045 times)

Offline z3i

• Members
cylinder head porting
« on: June 27, 2013, 09:01:36 pm »
got my inlet off today, completely standard gt one, then had a look at the back off the head and found this

does it look like a lot of porting, i dont think there was any porting on the exhaust side and the valve guide looks new, the porting extends all the way down

what do people think of it?  this car has seriously been fiddled with

Offline Tav

• Members
Re: cylinder head porting
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 12:56:31 pm »
Without having it on a flow bench there isn't much you can say...maybe it's better...maybe it's worse...

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 02:27:22 pm »
Without having it on a flow bench there isn't much you can say...maybe it's better...maybe it's worse...

ive got a headgasket and genuine g40 headbolts, not sure if i should just get it off
what sort of money should a expect to pay for porting/polishing on a flow bench? Man in the sheds results look good
Thanks

Offline paulg40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 10:20:30 pm »
definitely had work done to it, but as said above if not done using a flow bench it might not be correct.
When I had my last G40 I had some pretty amazing results from Hiflowheads up near edinburgh. (this was about 10 years ago!) but I have just learnt he is still going strong.

This was one of the things that helped my G40 get such great power results back in the day :-)
Think when I get this next one i'll be sending the head off to get some attention again.