Author Topic: should i be worried  (Read 2935 times)

Offline cam_d

• Members
should i be worried
« on: December 02, 2008, 11:32:51 pm »
so i just bought the g40 and was just flicking through the stuff that i had read about what the previous owner had done and was doing, i must of missed this prior to buying it, i dont know wether this has been taken care of or anything so here go s dont laugh id rather look like a twat and find out whats wrong rather thn finding out the hard way

Bloody car is pissing me off again! Been using it as my main car for the last few runs to and from work to stretch its legs! It puffs blue smoke when you rev it a little and the crankshaft toothed pulley has split!!! Yes you heard me right! The pulley has an inner collar which stops the belt coming off, well its come away from the main pulley and is spinning around taking chunks out of the timing belt cover! Doh!

cheers

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: should i be worried
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 09:46:34 am »
that's a bit worrying, I'd have a look at the bottom pulley, just sounds like the four bolts that hold it on are loose.

Offline cam_d

• Members
Re: should i be worried
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 11:12:13 pm »
i took it to the garage today they had a fiddle about and reckon its fine
although when i have my headlights on it sounds as if the belt is hitting off something?  ??? i presume its because the alternator is charging the battery etc?