News:

Due to a lack of interest in this forum and only spam accounts signing up, new member registration has been disabled. If you are a genuine G40 enthusiast who wants an account please send me an email - paul (at) polog40 (dot) co (dot) uk and I will sort it out for you.

Main Menu

throttle cable wanted!

Started by Richvw18, July 27, 2017, 11:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richvw18

hey guys...

anybody no wear i can get a new throttle cable from asap?

regards rich.

GR40

In case of emergency you can use a bicycle brake cable. I have done it before. I used a couble of washers on one end and a barrel nut connector for cable on the other end!

ereeiz

Cable
VW part number; 868721555A Was discontinued without replacement on Jul 1, 2011
28 Euro; https://www.mecatechnic.com/en-GB/_C177400.htm
£22 http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/vw-audi-seat-skoda/vw-audi-seat-skoda-868721555a-cable/
$30 https://autopartmaster.com/en/?action=catalog_part&cat=vw&cod=868721555a&price_type=retail

Literally just pasted the part number into google and clicked the top few results. Seem to remember someone after one in the past year and it came out at about £20 or so.


Clip
VW part number; 046129559 Still current item.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/PO/year/1992/drive_standart/120/hg_ug/721/subcategory/50000/part_id/3688538/lang/e#sec_19