News:

Due to a lack of interest in this forum and only spam accounts signing up, new member registration has been disabled. If you are a genuine G40 enthusiast who wants an account please send me an email - paul (at) polog40 (dot) co (dot) uk and I will sort it out for you.

Main Menu

Any ideas?

Started by 1982mk1, August 18, 2012, 10:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin14100

A G60 throttle is totally different, its got two butterflies in it much like a polo GT, and I think the primary throttle is actually smaller than the G40 one.

Justin14100

Also there wouldn't be any point in getting anything bigger than 57mm as that is the size of the engines intake pipework ;)

Jezza-7

Indeed.

Oh well i never knew that.

hayesey

depends if you are using the standard intake pipework!  Which I'd have thought not if you're modifying to the point where the throttle body needs to be bigger than 51mm.

There's also the possibility that if using after-market management you can get better throttle control using dual butterflies.  Andy does the same on his although I think he's using parts from an NZ engine.