News:

Due to a lack of interest in this forum and only spam accounts signing up, new member registration has been disabled. If you are a genuine G40 enthusiast who wants an account please send me an email - paul (at) polog40 (dot) co (dot) uk and I will sort it out for you.

Main Menu

Death of a G lader

Started by Phil, May 27, 2009, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil



Done 200 miles since a rebuild, still running it in, was sat in traffic. What would cause that?

PeteG40

maybe it had debris.

However i've seen two with deep cracks.. which would leave me to beleive they've been dropped or been knocked about whilst being posted!

PeteG40

ps jabba offer a warranty on rebuilds, unless its a timing belt snap and that doesnt look like one

quiksilver_jake

one of my psd ones did this after 100 miles !

G-spot

Is it just the scroll or some of the casing too??  Appears to be two pieces in the picture? Overblending around the inlet can thin the wall section making it prone cracking from cyclic fatigue as its on the end of the track where it needs extra thickness for strength.  I'm not sure whether Jabba do a crack detection on the parts once stripped down, as it may have been there before rebuild and the extra weight of fresh grease, may have given a bit more vibration, resulting in failure.

If its just the scroll then I'd blend the end to remove any stress raisers, rebalance, and get it back on, pending the failure has caused no further damage??

polo classic

I'd say foreign object......

scotsjohn

How are the bearings looking Phil?

Phil

Bearings looked new.

Doubt a foreign object.

Tis just the scroll I think. I sent it back to Jabba, see what they say. ::)

Yoof

You got the other bits of lader to take a pic of?


Karlos the jackyl

I'd say something has gone in that.