Author Topic: My road trip to Switzerland, France, Italy and Monaco  (Read 20692 times)

Offline z3i

• Members
Re: Road trip switzerland tomorrow :)
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 12:10:20 am »

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2013, 12:13:55 am »

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 07:33:41 pm »
Sweet pics! Need to do something along these lines at some point

Offline JoeH

• Members
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 10:09:57 pm »
You got the link to the Mazda forum, be interested to here non-vag views on the G

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 10:18:08 pm »
You got the link to the Mazda forum, be interested to here non-vag views on the G

the big write is done by my mate who owns the mazda so there all his views, ive read the comments on the mazda forum and no one has asked about the polo :(

Offline JoeH

• Members
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 10:29:19 pm »
Could you beat the mazda in a 'legal' on road drag race ;) ?

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 06:54:39 am »
lol easily the polo would smash the mazda into next week! to only time the mx5 got away from me was the mental tight hairpins one after another
that was because the mazda has powersteering, a short change gearbox, bucket seat and the seating position is easier to all the controls

in the polo i have to lean forward to change into first as it too far away, i was constantly getting thrown about in the seats and had to muscle the car into full lock to go round them, the mazda is awesome fun to drive, but the polo is more exciting and faster :)

Offline Tav

• Members
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 02:50:15 pm »
Be my tour guide?

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 03:27:38 pm »
Be my tour guide?

haha, another g40 would be awesome!
Benson my mate sorted all the roads, we took 2 wrong turns in 2500 miles, pretty dam good!

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2013, 06:35:23 pm »
Looks like a similar trip to ones I have done, I usually try and get across to Switzerland to do some driving once a year, usually is some of my dads cars but I have taken the G. Great car for mountain pass driving. Who says they're unreliable?! I drove from Home in Essex to Interlaken in a day in mine.

Glad to see more people doing trips like this, I've driven the Stelvio 4 times I think now.

These days I'll be heading there with my road bike before I do with my car though.

Top trip mate, respect and jealousy from me.

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2013, 07:03:33 pm »
Looks like a similar trip to ones I have done, I usually try and get across to Switzerland to do some driving once a year, usually is some of my dads cars but I have taken the G. Great car for mountain pass driving. Who says they're unreliable?! I drove from Home in Essex to Interlaken in a day in mine.

Glad to see more people doing trips like this, I've driven the Stelvio 4 times I think now.

These days I'll be heading there with my road bike before I do with my car though.

Top trip mate, respect and jealousy from me.

you crazy fool!!!! thats mad!! Interlaken is gorgeous! it was the first real scenic place we hit and loved it! we did 600 miles on the first day and that killed us!
G40's are unreliable lol, mines my daily, toy and my weekend hack, so gets alot of abuse and is on the driveway every weekend without fail having something repaired or rebuilt haha

4 times!! i couldnt find any club g40 stickers on the stelvio sign, next time i go im sticking one on there haha

thanks mate :) i liked reading about your trips and i showed my mates, gave us some inspiration to go, i was telling my girlfriend how you managed to fit push bikes, camping gear, clothes and two people in your G...

when do you next plan on going mate? we should meet up mid trip somewhen :) that would be awesome haha, im very jealous of your dad letting you drive his cars! doesnt he have some awesome Porsches?
when you back from Canada?

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2013, 07:26:50 pm »

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 09:31:30 pm »
any chance of having this moved to the photos and videos bit?

Offline Ä‘uro

• Members
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 06:22:57 pm »

Aaaaaaa Stelvio is amazing as always

Offline Jacque

• Members
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 03:29:55 pm »
nice stuff!!

you have exactly the same G as i! only the steeringwheel is on the correct side :lol: :p

I Did an ardennes trip last wknd (i m from belgium, so took me only 300 miles) it was awsome too, but when u see these pics ..... one day the alpes will be mine aswell :D... if i grow the balls ... breaking down would be a bummer