Author Topic: Turbo power vs. Supercharger  (Read 4864 times)

Offline AdzCM

• Members
Turbo power vs. Supercharger
« on: April 17, 2013, 05:52:55 pm »
Have my turbo setup complete and I'm currently running 14psi of boost.

Does it make sense, that the car will have the same power as when I had the supercharger fitted/65mm pulley running circa 14psi of boost???

Before I get the car mapped, should I get a bigger map sensor fitted in order to be able to run slightly more boost??

Not clued up on this mapping stuff at all....

Cheers

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Re: Turbo power vs. Supercharger
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 06:35:53 pm »
you cant fit a bigger map sensor untill it is mapped to suit, when i did mine i bought a spare ecu stuck the larger map sensor in it and took it with me when i was getting it maped.

not sure on power but at guess i would say that the delivery of power is differnt obviously less bottom end due to lag and more top end due to no parasitic losses from the super charger, which car is faster both running the same boost couldnt say for sure!!

Think 15 psi from a k03 gets you around the 170-175bhp mark though

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 07:08:08 pm »
That's for the reply mate. Is that 175bhp after the map I take it?

Ill keep an eye in the for sales section for an ecu. By any chance, would you still have your spare one? For sale lol?

Cheers

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 07:30:06 pm »
I have a spare one dude, I'm in the same boat. Got a green injector map for my turbo set up but need a red one with a bigger map sensor 80 plus post sound alright?

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 09:02:36 pm »
Would it make sense to fit a larger map sensor on a standard 1272 so I could increase the boost to 18psi for example or would it be advisable to just wait until I get a 1341 and increase it to 21psi??

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 10:10:17 pm »
you need it mapped to suit every time you change the boost unless you buy a chip and are running slightly less boost than its made for. I would wait untill ive finished building the engine to the spec you want then have it mapped, unless your desprate for more power then get a chip and cahnge the map sensor to suit

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 12:47:07 am »
Cheers buddy, that's what I wanted to know.. I want a good bit of power for this summer. Ill just get it mapped again next year to suit the 1341 etc.

Offline josé

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 08:51:46 am »
Just get the bigger map sensor and a chip to run it with that map sensor until you can get it mapped, I run 21psi on a stock 1272cc bottom end with no issues, I'd speak to PPP about mapping and a bigger map sensor/chip, you can always turn the boost down if you don't want to run 18-21psi, I was going to do the same, but the car is too much fun to turn it down now....