Author Topic: Finally, a T-40 is born...  (Read 4622 times)

Offline AdzCM

• Members
Finally, a T-40 is born...
« on: April 14, 2013, 07:49:22 pm »
For those who don't know, i.e. for those who haven't seen my posts of me crying :P, my car is up for MOT on Tuesday, and I reckon its just about ready for another year on the road. Only this year, sporting a lil' turbo ;)

BOOM!!! Cleaned/sprayed the bay as best I could. It's nothing compared to a lot of others on here, but it'll do for now.

Sprayed the wheels a darker grey. Pic is a bit dull anyway, but you get the idea.

The workhorse in the background...

Gauges are pretty bright at night but they're not too bad...

Future plans = 1341 rebuild. Definitely going over 200bhp next year....

Offline z3i

• Members
Re: Finally, a T-40 is born...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 08:25:23 pm »
Love it!
Love the genisis bumpers :D
Best colour too  ;)
engine bay is clean and tidy
i want to put some gauges where you have, but mines my daily and i kinda like the stereo lol
Taylor

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 08:27:05 pm »
How long have you been building it?
also noticed yours sits lower on the left on the picture of the rear. mine is exactly the same! any ideas why? might just be yours is on a cambered road. mine does sit funny though

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 09:08:50 pm »
Looks great! Love the wheels! 8)

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 10:47:33 am »
Well, I've had the car 3 years past there in February so have been doing bits along the way. The main bits of the turbo [uprated clutch, k03 + piping, cam etc.] took me 4 days to fit. The majority of time was wasted, waiting on things to arrive in the post. I fitted the front mount when I had it supercharged and checking/re-taping the loom/spraying the wheels and tidying the engine bay was done while I was waiting on parts to arrive.

As for it sitting weird. I think it's just my yard is sloped. Though, I've never really noticed before  ???

Colour looks a lot darker compared to yours. Wish there were G40's over here to compare to....not really haha. Being one of few in Ireland is pretty cool :)

Cheers Alex, I can't think of anything better to put on atm. Really love these...

Offline josé

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 08:41:25 pm »
very nice, tidy turbo install, what car are the wheels originally off?? are they 14's

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 11:00:58 am »
very nice, tidy turbo install, what car are the wheels originally off?? are they 14's

Thanks mate, i dont have that much of an idea if im honest.  They are 14's. I just searched 14" steel wheels on ebay n saw that these were the correct fitment for my car. They have 'seat' stamped on them so could possibly be off a seat ibiza or cordoba etc. No real clue.