Author Topic: Power loss from the charger  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Ryan1705

• Members
Power loss from the charger
« on: April 08, 2013, 06:03:42 am »
Yesterday I lost all power from the charger, and the accelerator pedal doesn't feel the same at all. I had a quick check at the timing belt but that was fine. Any help with the possibilities would be great so I could have a better look tonight after work cheers!

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
Re: Power loss from the charger
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 07:05:20 am »
Boost leak.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 07:57:50 am »
also check in the intercooler strainer for any debris!

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 10:42:20 am »
Check your accelerator cable. Mine has popped off before, the clip has come off and the rubber bung can fail and cause the clip to get pushed up the cable so it slackens the cable. They have been my problems in past.

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 06:37:28 pm »
Check your accelerator cable. Mine has popped off before, the clip has come off and the rubber bung can fail and cause the clip to get pushed up the cable so it slackens the cable. They have been my problems in past.

I second that. Similar thing happened to me. Accelerator cable sleeve can wear allowing the metal clip to slide up the sleeve. Mine is actually quite worn. Are these accelerator cables now obsolete or can you still get them?

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 09:01:58 pm »
Think you can still get them, well hope so as that rubber part on mine is very close to being non existent!