Author Topic: BBM and Lysholm Superchargers  (Read 3680 times)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
BBM and Lysholm Superchargers
« on: November 16, 2012, 08:11:12 am »
Just wondering is there any difference between them? I thought they were the same.

Im looking to buy a Lysholm charger soon and was wondering has anybody done it before? I seen Phil did it, but was wondering if any has any reviews? Apart from its very very loud.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: BBM and Lysholm Superchargers
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 09:58:53 am »
i heard that lysholms need soooo correct alignment or the twin rotors lock up....

ask on dubforce about g60 guys with bahn brenners.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 10:36:46 am »
Just wondering is there any difference between them? I thought they were the same.

Im looking to buy a Lysholm charger soon and was wondering has anybody done it before? I seen Phil did it, but was wondering if any has any reviews? Apart from its very very loud.
what happened to the g60 ?!

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 12:11:59 pm »
G60 just fell apart. I wanted to do it but then thought the power is ok at the moment. I heard the the lysholm chargers are more reliable then g laders and efficient as well.

Ok will pop on there and ask them.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 10:07:35 am »
According to the fellas on dubforce they said

"Hi James I'd speak directly to Jonny Betz @  Bahn Brenner Motorsport. Theyre awesome chargers much much more reliable than a Glader and more efficient, produce more boost etc etc I havnt heard about alignment issues"

And "If you put the silencer kits on the early lysholms it can cause the screws to come into contact due to the silencer hanging off the end putting stress/twisting the charger. Apart from that I've not heard anything bad about them."

As long as its not an early silenced one i should be fine.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 09:57:16 am »
it is them twisting that is the problem.  For them to work the screws have a ridiculously small clearance between them so the slightest of twist of the casing and they'll lock up and the charger is scrap.  They haven't had the issue because they are using BBM's off the shelf kit for installing the chargers to G60 engines which will have been properly engineered.  If you are fitting one to a g40 you are basically going to end up making your own kit, so you'll need to be careful to make it very strong and make sure the charger is very well secured and cannot move even the slightest bit. 

Philj had a home made lysholm kit he got from somewhere at one point, I seem to recall him getting through 3 chargers with it.

One thing I can say for sure, unless you design the install to be low boost then it wont be more reliable than a standard g40.  The charger itself might be more so than the g-lader but everything else wont.  Don't do this thinking you'll end up with a really reliable g40, if you want that, leave it standard.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 12:58:56 pm »
About 4 months too late, didn't EEeeeekie have this set up when PSD went down the pan? Whatever happened to him? I'm sure I remember seeing 1 short vid of it running too.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 01:42:34 pm »
he had an eaton IIRC