Author Topic: Radtec Radiator Info...  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Matty!

• Members
  • G40 Clubsport Build / BMW M2
Radtec Radiator Info...
« on: April 22, 2014, 11:17:42 am »
The Cooling system is going to get a good going over in the near future so have been looking at some options...

With this Radtec Rad I've noticed a few of you are running whats the options you went for?

1. Blowing fan? Sucking Fan? Original VW Fan? Does the new fan need rewiring or is the plug identicle?

2. I guess I'd be wanting the overflow too?

3. Are these a direct replacement or is some jigger/pokery needed?

4. Worth the money?

Thanks
Matty

Offline DaBigGinger

• Members
Re: Radtec Radiator Info...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 10:38:54 pm »
I can't answer your questions about the radiator, but a sucking fan is on the engine side of the radiator. You'll probably want to go for this because 1. You have more room for it and 2. based on the ones I've seen, the sucking fans draw a bit more air through the radiator.

I've recently replaced my fan with a Revotec one from Demon Tweeks. It came with the fan and a plug that was completely incompatible with the one for the Polo fan switch. I just cut it off and joined the wires with the ones from my existing fan switch. A 5 minute job if that...

Offline Matty!

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 11:14:48 pm »
cheers bud, I did wonder that.

I guess its less common that I thought to run an alloy rad?

Offline Matty!

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 08:44:51 am »
I feel so unloved  :-[

All I really want to know is if it fits easily or do I expect a battle haha.

Offline vee-dub90

• Members
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 12:28:41 pm »
Only way is to buy one and give it a go  ;) looking at the photos of it, it looks like it would be a good fit..

Also I'm sure Yoof and Andy are running them anyway?

I will be getting one for mine anyway but I am a long way off buying one yet haha..

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 09:28:14 am »
Yeah mine is awesome quality and fitted without too much hassel at all, its basically identical. I dry fitted it about 18,000 moons ago (the last time i did any work on the car) and as far as i can remember it fitted fine. IIRC i had to move the mounting points (drill two holes) on the slam panel to centralise the rad as the inlet/outlets on front mount PSD intercooler needed to go either side.. the fan wants to be a slimline 'sucking type' and the wiring will need to be cut and shut as mentioned above..easy.

Offline Matty!

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 12:29:35 pm »
Yeah mine is awesome quality and fitted without too much hassel at all, its basically identical. I dry fitted it about 18,000 moons ago (the last time i did any work on the car) and as far as i can remember it fitted fine. IIRC i had to move the mounting points (drill two holes) on the slam panel to centralise the rad as the inlet/outlets on front mount PSD intercooler needed to go either side.. the fan wants to be a slimline 'sucking type' and the wiring will need to be cut and shut as mentioned above..easy.

Perfect reply, thanks ever so much!

Offline physicsfool

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 01:14:38 pm »
http://www.polog40.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7881.15

This is for one of the ebay specials, may need to check if you would need a fan switch adapter as well