Author Topic: TCA Options  (Read 2932 times)

Offline genesis+gt

• Members
TCA Options
« on: March 08, 2013, 07:34:35 pm »
Hi guys
So as pete correctly informed me, my g40 has been fitted with cl spec arms.  I know how hard they prove to find as aren't they obselete? So what are my options standard plo arms polybushed...safe enough..wouldnt think so? Ive heard of the kits you can buy to upgrade the arms... but tbh i dont quite understand how it all works im new to the whole g40 scene.  :'( The chances of finding decent standard rose jointed ones that are half decent seems impossible. Anyone shed any light?  Ive read past posts but cant get my head round what to do

Chloe

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
Re: TCA Options
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 08:24:05 pm »
I'm not sure they are obsolete. Try ringing the dealer to check, you might be suprised.

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 08:33:12 pm »
If you find out where to get some from can you let me know as i need some
think yoof was designing one with rose jointed inner bushes years ago but i dont think anything came of it. i found the post when looking for some
Taylor

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 08:47:48 pm »
I asked VW last feb and they were on back order or something and said they are pretty much obsolete. I use standard ones at the mo which i dont get any problems with.

IIRC the genuine vw g40 ones were well over £100 each.

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 09:49:48 pm »
I asked VW last feb and they were on back order or something and said they are pretty much obsolete. I use standard ones at the mo which i dont get any problems with.

IIRC the genuine vw g40 ones were well over £100 each.

thats steep! i think ive found the source of the knocking, pretty sure its the tca's ive just got some white nylon outer bushes to see if that sorts it. did you ever suss your knocking out?

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 08:57:40 am »
Mines either the top mounts as they do need replacing or it could be what yoof mentioned about the bush inside the mounts needs taking a few mm off.

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 10:20:22 am »
I am pretty sure that when I bought my tca's about 3 years ago they only have 3 pairs left in stock.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 12:42:32 pm »
Yoof had some rose bushed, adjustable length ones made a couple of years ago. I have a set on mine and yoof and andy have a set each on their cars.  Not sure if they have any more or can get more, you'd have to ask them.