Author Topic: Fuelling  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Martyng40

Fuelling
« on: July 29, 2016, 07:21:34 am »
Hi all,
Just picked up a g40 from my brother who had her about 12 years... Off the road for 9 of them tho and not for restoration..... It's a non runner but a mechanic mate turned up on Monday wired a temp fuel pump straight to the engine and off she went..... He recons the fuel pump gas gone lazy.... This sound right??? If so what's the best bit to pick one up?? And should I just change that or should I do the filter and tank while I'm there?????

Any help would be great

Offline physicsfool

• Members
Re: Fuelling
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 10:29:12 am »
Did he test the voltage at the fuel pump? What condition is the tank in? At the very least i would change the fuel filter. fresh fuel and run it through the lines and check to see what the inside of the tank is like. Just need to disconnect the hall sender while you pump the fuel through.

Unless the wrong pump has been attached i am not sure what could have happened to the current one. If you cant get a good used one. Syntec do a decent one for circa £50 (iirc)

Let us know how you get one, couple of pictures may help

Also welcome  :)

Offline Martyng40

Re: Fuelling
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 04:20:14 pm »
No never checked the voltage but will ask him to do it one night when passing... He's a friend of the brothers but now the brother has sold me the car he won't help with it so rope his friend in plus he has his own garage with ramp... The tank has a leak from the filler neck and is original so thinking fill fresh set up while I'm at it....
Will see if I can dig her out the garage over the weekend and post a few pictures...