Author Topic: Vacuum hose to FPR for boost gauge/actuator/boost switch and dump valve?  (Read 6279 times)

Offline AdzCM

• Members
Can it Tee into the FPR vacuum hose for all of the following:

- boost gauge
- actuator
- boost switch
- and dump valve?

I think I remember reading that hayesey had running issues with to many things tapped into the FPR vacuum?

Any help appreciated...

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Re: Vacuum hose to FPR for boost gauge/actuator/boost switch and dump valve?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 03:35:31 pm »
I drilled and tapped into the manifold and fitted a 1/8bsp hose tail fitting then used this to feed all my vacuum devices

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 03:50:05 pm »
Cheers for that mate, but is there any easier way of doing it as I wouldn't have the tapping bits.

When people say they ran the boost switch vacuum line off the front of the TB... do they mean the part that you block off when you do the boost return mod? Pic below...

Offline gaz g40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:42:26 am »
Block off the other half of the throttle body that used to attatch to the head on the engine

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 01:09:50 pm »
I know that mate :)  I've another top half with a dumpvalve fitted to the opening.

Back to my question? Is it the wee fitting on the side of the throttle body in the pic above that some are running their boost switch vacuum line to?

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 01:57:15 pm »
yes that should be a vacuum feed assuming its a standard throttle body then the his barbs soils go to under the throttle plate.

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 05:31:28 pm »
yes that should be a vacuum feed assuming its a standard throttle body then the his barbs soils go to under the throttle plate.

Sorry, don't understand what you mean.. Barbs soils? The tb is 51mm. Does this matter? So its ok to run the boost switch off this vacuum line?

Where abouts did you drill the inlet manifold for the 1/8 bspt fitting?

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 07:50:23 pm »
drill it anywhere you can fit it, might be worth getting a boss welded in it as its pretty thin walled that what i did.
I ment to say that hose barb, should be a vacuum source as long as it is still under the throttle plate, sometimes with a 51mm body the hole in the throttle body isn't under the throttle plate any more it is above it in which case you can't use it.

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 10:50:33 pm »
drill it anywhere you can fit it, might be worth getting a boss welded in it as its pretty thin walled that what i did.
I ment to say that hose barb, should be a vacuum source as long as it is still under the throttle plate, sometimes with a 51mm body the hole in the throttle body isn't under the throttle plate any more it is above it in which case you can't use it.

Ah right, ill have a look tonight.

So once you weld in a boss, you buy a junction box and run all devices to it? Awesome. I might very well do that. Cheers mate.

Did you fit your oil pressure sender for your pressure gauge in a t-piece to the low pressure switch?

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 11:16:59 pm »
yes oil pressure was done through a t piece

Offline AdzCM

• Members
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 08:23:11 am »
Cheers mate. Any ideas on what t-piece to get? I'm lost on all these fittings etc :s

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
I've got all mine teed off rubber pipe that fits between the inlet manifold and ISV as it means most of the vac lines can be hidden.

Unsure if its the correct place!

m10 x 1.0 for the oil pressure sender fitting

Offline AdzCM

• Members

That the pipe you're on about? I plan to use the pipe comming off that pipe. The one that is blocked up with a screw as part of the boost return mod (circled in red)

Yeah m10 x 1.0 cheers mate, already got the t-piece for the pressure sender and its fitted. Dislike npt fittings. Hate the way they don't screw in all the way. I know they are designed to tighten as they thread but it just looks wrong.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:38:10 am by AdzCM »