Author Topic: Polo related problems  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
Polo related problems
« on: February 06, 2013, 10:36:07 pm »
After the mrs polo has now been eating into my spare parts, (new alternator and assembly plus a thermo housing)

its decided that it wants to start bogging down mid throttle. Full bore seems to work ok its just coming off throttle then slowly bringing it on again where the power seems to die then spring to life again.

To me this sounds like an ignition probem , its never liked the fresh leads plugs and dizzy cap i've put on but it could possibly be the hall sender. I have spares of all them anyway just wanted to see if people had experienced anything similar. All this while I should be building my own .

Now it's had a new starter, new earths, new plugs leads and conplete dizzy. Still bogging down, I've read loads of threads now but this seems to be a common problem!

Can anyone make sense of this?

I should be building mine not fixing this :(

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Polo related problems
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 07:15:47 am »
try swapping the coil.

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 08:32:55 am »
Tryed that Pete, done the coil and every other ignition component and the lambda and blue temp. Starting to think it could be an issue with the throttle body. So much more complicated than a Gt or G40 one, saying that could probably get one for cheaps

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 08:45:26 am »
timing slipped?

Offline Craig g

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 10:42:44 am »
I've got one for a 1.0 itlf that's what you need i have no use for it so you can have it for just the postage price if you want to try it?

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 11:05:37 am »
Ill check the timing tonight Pete,

Craig that would be great mate, I assume itlf means throttle body? haha . Pm me your paypal and I can chuck you the cost of the postage

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 08:41:52 am »
Right this engine was clearly on its way out 150k 1.0 , the mrs tryed to drive to milton keynes this morning and broke down on the m1, oil everywhere (pressurised crankcase) and refusing to even turn over.

On the look out for a 1.3 or GT engine if anyone has one and is around sheffield?