Technical > Engine and Transmission

Clutch/gearbox choise overpowered G40

<< < (2/3) > >>

bobrosco:

--- Quote from: hayesey on November 27, 2012, 02:05:11 pm ---just to add, with mine, which is 194bhp, ~180lb/ft, I use a Helix Paddle clutch and it handles the power very well and has lasted a decent amount of time (even though most miles are on track).

--- End quote ---
i think 180lb/ft is abount 265nm, so i think the 300nm should be easy to go over with the crazy thing we got in mind. Our starting goal was 200hp just to see if the setup would work at all and then go on from there.

SteilheckG40:
180lb/ft = 244.0472306994 NM

Our goal, 300 NM = 221.26864478340818 lb/ft  ;)

By the way, I drive always like an idiot, tough i've never had any problems with the gearbox on my old G40.
Well... did manage once to ruin a gearbox in a +- 50hp Polo  ::)

Yoof:
I've put 285Nm through a Helix Paddle Clutch and it's been fine so far.

There's no easy/cheap solution for the gearbox.

hayesey:
d;oh I should have read the post more closely.  Yes I was thinking 300lb/ft which is over 400Nm.

Anyway, if you've never knackered a gearbox on a g40 before, you'll definitely have that to look forward to sooner or later :)

bobrosco:

--- Quote from: hayesey on November 28, 2012, 01:33:39 pm ---Anyway, if you've never knackered a gearbox on a g40 before, you'll definitely have that to look forward to sooner or later :)

--- End quote ---
thats 1 thing we can be sure of. And i think more then only the gearbox wil go. I think those driveshafts wil not take it to long either, and the body needs to be modified a bit for that power, else it will rip itself apart i think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version