Author Topic: G40 world gone a little crazy?  (Read 10241 times)

Offline giorgio

• Members
Even though I am track prepping my G I try to maintain originality. Although in my eyes the car is beyond the point of no return. However much I wanted to I could put the engine back to standard, and short of getting new panels I cant really get my arc lips back.

And even then the engine in the car is not the original engine. In my eyes its just a Mk3 polo now. I wouldn't ever track my car if it was like yours Dan. And just this morning I was debating whether to weld the sunroof shut and bosh a big vinyl over the top so I don't need a respray after I cut all the mechanisms out.

End of the day what a person decides to do to their car is up to them, but as you say, it is a shame to see good condition cars needlessly abused.

Offline AlexG40

• Members
I think it's to be expected to be honest. Unlike the Mk2 Golf GTI the G40 doesn't seem to have developed a classic status that would force the prices higher as they get rarer. The G40 seems destined to follow the path of many other more common hot hatches and will gradually be destroyed by young drivers who can't handle them.  The only good news is that it means those that have pukka nice examples can be even prouder of what they have.