Author Topic: four pots which and where from  (Read 2115 times)

Offline gaz g40

• Members
four pots which and where from
« on: October 05, 2012, 03:14:39 pm »
as title which brand are you running? where did you get them from? and how do you rate them? seen a couple of sets on demon tweeks but wanted to get opinions before splashing out..... my car will be used for fast road use and hopefully around 200 mark so want some kind of stopping power
thanks gaz

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: four pots which and where from
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 03:27:45 pm »
Wilwood Midilites from Rally Design, the kit for MK1 Golf GTIs.  I rate them very highly for track days.  I'd say they're a bit overkill for on the road though, just get some 256mm discs, calipers and decent pads.

Offline gaz g40

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 03:35:58 pm »
well i like the sound if the club polo/g40 track days you guys do so was going to give them a go next year.... did i read there was a certain size to get for a a nut (76mm rings a bell) and one last thing am looking into gaz coilovers what spring rating do you recommend?
cheers gaz

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 03:54:26 pm »
OK, yes they are very good on track, I've never managed to overheat them ever.

Not sure on the size of the adaptor, just buy the kit from rally design, it'll fit.

Spring rates depend on the setup of your car and personal preference too.  I seem to recall someone saying those gaz coilovers come with 275lb springs in the front which are pretty stiff really and I'd probably not want to go stiffer if you use the car on the road a lot.  I've got some 375lb ones to put on mine for the next track day (which will probably be next year now to be honest, too much other stuff going on to get my car sorted out for anything this year).  I have a subframe and no anti roll bar too which requires stiffer springs to counter.

If you are wanting to go on track I'd seriously consider saving up for a decent differential, it makes such a good difference, I'd buy that before doing much to the engine.  If you can't put the power down on track you're not going to be fast no matter how much power you have!

Offline gaz g40

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 05:50:11 pm »
cheers haysey dan knight said u was the man. al look into these. and ive got a diff on the waygroup buy mate cheers