Author Topic: Polo g40 conversion  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Craig g

• Members
Polo g40 conversion
« on: September 16, 2012, 09:39:50 am »
I'm new to this forum so I apologise if I've posted in the wrong place
I was after a g40 for awhile and finally came across an engine and all the bits I need 4 hours away from my house so I got in my 1.0 coupe and set about the 8hour round trip, after being over taken by a lorry up a hill (i didn't have the engine in the car at this point), having old women try to steal my money, trying to get the bloke down an extra £20 because I didn't have enough fuel, moving the engine out of his garage without scratching his shell, pulling parts of the bumper of the car to stop the wheels catching, paying £6 for a toll and almost falling asleep I finally got it home :D.
Next week I'll begin stripping the 1.0 down, and will probably have many questions to ask as I know you guys are happy to help, I'll keep you all updated
Thanks (Y)

Offline Craig g

• Members
Re: Polo g40 conversion
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 11:12:16 am »
Some pics of the car car how it is now, the paint work is rollerd on chalk board paint, the wheels are just steels with orange plastic trim, this is exactly as I bought the car main styling plans are to respray the car matte black and a new set of wheels which I'm undecided on (maybe banded steels). Will upload some pics of the g40 engine soon.

Offline Craig g

• Members
Re: Polo g40 conversion
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 10:26:54 pm »
So made a start on the arches about a week ago, the aim was to flare them ready for wider wheels.
I started hammering away with the mallet intill the head of the the mallet fell off which gave me a better idea :), I placed the head of the mallet between the wheel and arch and drove forwards and backwards which worked out half decent apart for the arches both being slightly rusted so I had to use a fair bit of filler :(,