Author Topic: Club Polo forum problem  (Read 3784 times)

Offline Robga

• Members
Club Polo forum problem
« on: September 17, 2012, 11:21:32 am »
Hi

I know this isnt the Club Polo forum but i cant get on the CP forum to ask.

Problem started last week when i wanted some info from CP forum on a 6n, i tried to log in but couldnt remember my password so attempted to do the password recovery. neither my email or username was on their system meaning my account had been removed.

I must admit that id not been on for a long time, much like here, due to doing up the flat and buying a house then working on the house over the last 2 years or so and the G40 has been garaged waiting patiently for my time.
Id never received any email saying my account would be closed.
I had a couple of PayPal emails saying CP was trying to renew my paid membership with an old credit card but thought id just renew full membership when i can.
I then registered as a new user on Friday but couldnt post anything, then yesterday when i went to log in i was no longer on their system and so had to register again. I still cant post anything today so this is why im asking here to see if anyone else has had this problem or know of why i have this problem?

Cheers
Rob

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Club Polo forum problem
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 01:20:08 pm »
what username(s) do you have or think you have on there?

I doubt they'd have actually deleted the accounts.  I used to be involved with admin on that forum and deleting accounts was never standard practise unless it was a scammer or spammer account.

Are you sure it's not just that the email address is one you don't use any more?

Offline Robga

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 02:41:37 pm »
Hi hayesey
Hmm you got me thinking now, I'm sure the email I signed up with is the same as here and everywhere else, although there was a time when i tried out google mail and yahoo mail. My user name there was G40rob.

I'm gonna give it another try just incase my phone was playing about or more likely I was being stupid! :)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 02:49:22 pm »
someone in the admin section on there said that they cleared out old accounts that hadnt been used in two years a while ago so maybe your account has actually been deleted, there's no account with username G40rob. 

They also say that they are deleting a lot of spam accounts so might have deleted some by accident in that. 

just try signing up again

Offline Robga

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 03:36:26 pm »
Cool cheers for doing that mate.
I'd just gone through my old emails and found some confirming my user name and email was what I thought.
I rejoined yesterday but only got the validation email this afternoon. So all should be good now other than it being a new account.

Thanks again hayesey for your help