Author Topic: Lambda Sensor  (Read 2719 times)

Offline Dirrt

• Members
  • #actlikealadythinklikeadirrt
Lambda Sensor
« on: November 20, 2008, 10:14:38 am »
Mines lazy in operation and I need to get a new one.  I was told a euro one would do the job and to pick one of those up.  Obviously not believing just one persons opinion as I am very wary on this and only want the best for my car, I called Jabba to double check.  I was told to get a Bosch one, as the worse thing you could do is take the risk on a euro one and it messing with her.

What do you guys say?
Anybody know where I can pucharse one from?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Lambda Sensor
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 11:03:45 am »
you can still get the proper Bosch one from GSF or Euros.  I'd also say get that rather than the cheapo universal ones.  For one thing, it'll have the proper connector on it.

What makes you think there is something wrong with your current one though?  What do you mean by lazy in operation?  It's not like you can "see" it doing anything :)  If you have an AFRM hooked up then they don't update all that fast anyway and it also kind of depends on the meter you are using.

Offline Dirrt

• Members
  • #actlikealadythinklikeadirrt
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 12:25:36 pm »
It was an advisory from Jabba that it was lazy in operation and it wasn't reading properly sometimes.  With my custom exhaust on and being fiddled with and another box being put on, I thought it might be good time to replace the sensor and then get her re mapped in the new year when I have some more pennies.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 01:11:12 pm »
Ok fair enough, if they've said that then I'd replace it.

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 02:04:10 pm »
http://www.lambdasensor.com/

55 pound or summat on there i think,
i got one of there ages ago after taking my old one out an realising it was a cheapo one!