Author Topic: coolent running around inlet  (Read 2579 times)

Offline polo coupe cl

• Members
coolent running around inlet
« on: November 13, 2008, 02:33:25 pm »
while looking at me engine i noticed that the coolent runs around the inlet and that theirs a heater would i gain any power by disconecting the heater and joining the coolent pipes so the gasses run cooler into the cylinder ?????

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: coolent running around inlet
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 02:45:01 pm »
is this spam? i dont quite no what your trying to say?  do you have a g40? or a cl has stated in your avatar?  I'd leave the coolant as is (coolant spelt with an a not e lol) your not gonna gain any power by messing with it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 02:47:10 pm by supercharged spaniel »

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 05:05:25 pm »
I assume this is a mk2 polo with a carb?  Removing the inlet heater isn't a good idea because you'll suffer horribly from carb icing, esp during the winter. 

You need to tell us what car you've got or we kind of assume you are talking about a G40.

Offline polo coupe cl

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 12:23:37 am »
im running a mk3 the same as the g40 but ita a cl wich is monopoint and no its not spam please forgive me for having spelling problems

Offline G-spot

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 07:23:52 pm »
The configuration of the inlet manifold on your model and the G40(&GT) type engines is vastly different due to complete different intake and combustion characteristics, as stated earlier, you'll end up icing up your intake and reducing power.