Author Topic: Epic Ratting  (Read 8724 times)

Offline GR40

• Members
Re: Epic Ratting
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 01:18:06 pm »
You could try adjusting! I believe it depends on how much the hood has bent! If its off by too much then I don't think readjusting will fix it! Just try arking the hood bit by bit at the side it seems to be lower! Much easier than trying to adjust it, just don't overdoit! Do it with the hood on the car! Dont remove anything. Just open the hood, bend it and close it to see where it sits right!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 01:23:24 pm by GR40 »

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 01:26:06 pm »
Remember the rubbers that wind in/out on the wings that the bonnet sits on. That may be mk2 golfs? if it's got blocks on a Polo I think you can fit the rubbers from a golf, helps the bonnet sit flat and not flap about when doing >60

Offline SuperMario

• Members
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 04:46:24 pm »
This is exactly the problem i had.. I brought a new bonnet, took the hinge of, refitted it and seemed ok, Mabey its prone to coming loose? Try taking it off cleaning it up, wee bit of grease and refit.

Are you talking about taking the bonnet hinge off the car or just the two bolts off the bonnet? How did you remove it from the car if thats what your describing?

I mean taking the hinge off yes, whip your battery out to gain access, not 100% sure what holds it on, I'm thinking just a circlip or split pin of some kind.

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2013, 05:28:35 pm »
Cheers pal , I shall have a gander at that then  :)