Author Topic: oil light buzz and flashing light.Also poss high rpm on idle  (Read 1007 times)

Offline mk2moo

• Members
 Alright guys first post on here and about a problem jst my luck. I've just been out on a drive to work and the oil bizzer came on. Turned off and on again and thr beep went. Then lil while again it came on. The oil level is all good. Any ideas what it could be. Also what is a g40 meant to idle at, mine sits at around 1200 rpm even when hot. Cheers for any info and solutions.

Offline AlexG40

• Members
Re: oil light buzz and flashing light.Also poss high rpm on idle
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 09:43:16 pm »
It's idling to high. Should be 850-900 from memory.

Oil pressure lights and buzzers can come in in hard cornering or roundabouts. Outside of that you may have a problem with oil pressure. Get it checked out before it does damage.

Offline mk2moo

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 10:35:21 pm »
Definitely I thought it was idling a wee bit high. How is the idle controlled is it through ecu or sensors around throttle etc? The actual light an beep seems to have gone, I took the connectors off the sensors and gave them a good clean. I am going to hook up a pressure gauge anyway just in case. Cheers for the reply

Offline AlexG40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 10:49:02 pm »
There's an idle screw on the throttle body. It faces upwards. Just tweak it a little. If you get running problems afterwards it may be that you have a different issue.

Offline mk2moo

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 10:55:17 pm »
Cheers for that will check it tomorrow, could it also be down to anything like the lambada sensor? New to the g40 world, used to mx5's and mk2 sciroccos