Author Topic: tell us your g40 good times.  (Read 9937 times)

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
tell us your g40 good times.
« on: March 26, 2008, 11:27:12 pm »
This aint about, 'i went a billion miles an hour down a one way 30mph street, killed three kids and a penioner....and her dog..... and the busys (my local language for police if its different elsewhere) never caught me'

This is about, that occasional time when...and  we have all done it so no preachers please, youve surprised some tit on an open road who thought he was mint in some bigger/jazzed up motor.

I cant think of one actually, the irony!  but i know there has been a few cheeky little times.  I get more pleasure from giving some lad in a corsa sxi a beasting than owt else to be honest but thats me, and then again my g40 isnt crazy power either....

so let's be having you!!!

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
Re: tell us your g40 good times.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 12:19:39 am »
one that springs to mind, and im sure dougy will say the same....

in the G40 hatch van, doing our usual "barry hunting", came to lights, 3 lanes, us in middle, to my left a big merc, no idea what it was, private plate, looked over, and made eye contact with the chinese driver, wife in passenger seat, and 2 kids in back...

I check out his sleak car, proper nice looking, posh merc

he checks out my "c&a landscapes"signwritten van with roofrack and no sign of a clean in months

lights change and we go, there was that few seconds pause that happens sometimes before anyone boots it, then i planted it, so did he, i leave him in about 2 seconds, dougy said he could see him like, "shit wtf" fratching with steering wheel and gear stick, floor it more and he was long gone....

come to next set of lights and he pulls up next to us, big smile on face and winds window down and goes (in best jaki chan voice)

"WHAT DA FUCK IS UNDER DA BONNET?"

"its just a 1.3, supercharged"

and that was that, commical, good times, had alot like that really, the shock factor is just great, i miss the van, i really would love another, think i will be happy enough with the caddy!

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Re: tell us your g40 good times.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 08:01:56 am »
[quote pid=529 author=DKnight date=1206577179]
"WHAT DA FUCK IS UNDER DA BONNET?"

quote]

ha ha ha LOL  LOL

Offline giorgio

• Members
Re: Re: Re: tell us your g40 good times.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 08:34:46 am »
Ever since the day I spent my entire student loan on my G my Dad has hated my car. Used to say it was a heap of shit, waste of money, scrapper. Used to tell me to give Dorris her car back etc. Full blown child abuse, to the point I had to ring Childline and often cried myself to sleep.

My dearest of fathers had just had some work done to his car, now running 220bhp. I was in my G he was in his car, both driving back to London. Cruising along at about 50 and he boots his car. He got a good 3-4 car length gap on me. I give it some beans and by the time I hit 120 I was a good 4 car lengths ahead of him. At this point I was shit scared and stopped. I know its not the best of tales but it put him in his place. The abuse still continues but I was just so proud of my car.

Sure you will hear more tales when I drive my car more. Far too many folk round my way who think they are cool in their Porsches/Mercs.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: Re: Re: Re: tell us your g40 good times.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 03:11:36 pm »
G40 good times- whenever the road is dry, the nitrous is full, and the air is cold.... bliss  :ph34r:

Favourite rinse has to be a brand new R32 with 2 young lads in it- about 15 cars ahead by 140mph, no nitrous either  :wub:

I've yet to race my old man properly yet, but would be sweet to beat him, then again with 450bhp and 580lbft I'm not sure I will  >_<

Offline Dougy

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tell us your g40 good times.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 04:48:52 pm »
Ye DK is right that has to be my best moment even though I wasn't driving it was just pure class

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tell us your g40 good times.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 05:34:01 pm »
yeah the good old van!  Happy days.  When I drove it, it had basically no brakes.  :wub:   Just made it even more of a rush.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 05:34:19 pm by hayesey »

Offline Tav

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tell us your g40 good times.
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 08:42:32 pm »
RX8 leaving a round about when joining a motorway.  He went for the outside lane and so did the G40 driver who was behind him.  RX8 driver starts accelerating...G40 driver starts thinking move over....move over...move over....eventually RX8 pulls in a about NSL and the G40 creeps by.

Had some great 50-xxxmph runs with a TT on the way back from a Club Polo Perth Meet.  Two old guys in the TT, Del and I in the G40.  Lots of thumbs up which was fun.

Love it when people give thumbs ups in expensive cars and are a good sport.

BEST little story was when we went to Glasgow to get Del's suspension in another friends G40.  Came across an Aston Martin Vantage V12.  We went nipping passed and he pulled out after us.  He blew us away then slowed in the left lane again.  We pulled up along side and we all looked across...the guy (late 50's white hair) had his son with him who gestured for us to boot it...we shot off...and the guy in the Aston kept door to door...then at an indicated x4xmph he decided he had enough and pulled away as if we were standing still, it was amazing.  Afterwards lots of smiles and thumbs from them and us and a few more plays.  G40 was near standard...would love to come across him again in a really powerful one and see how he liked that.

Yet to get my car finished, but when it is should have some fun when conditions permit.

Offline Andy

• Traders
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tell us your g40 good times.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 10:33:10 am »
I've had numerous 'moments' in mine - the ones that stick in my memory are in the pre-turbo G-lader days. The Boxster S on the way back from Mania '05 will stay with me forever, that guy's face was priceless as he kept looking in the mirror to see that the shitty old Polo was still behind him...

Offline AlexG40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tell us your g40 good times.
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 09:13:52 pm »
I think my favourite G moment was in my old red one. On a set of lights in the left hand lane and a yellow Porsche Boxster S pulls up next to me. I decided to see how the G would fare, knowing that the Porka would be quicker, but still curious. Anyway the lights went green and I went for it, the Porka driver didn't expect the noise and speed so was a bit late on the gas having lost all is 0-60 advantage. Anyway, he ended up along side as the road narrowed into 2 lanes and I let him in and then hung on his rear end all the way to the end of the road. I even got to watch his spoiler come up in great detail.  I know if he'd had expected the speed of the G and gone for it straight away I would have been left for dead, but half the fun of a G40 is taking people by surprise.   <_<

I gave him a little toot of the horn as we went seperate ways, but I don't think he was impressed.  :o

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tell us your g40 good times.
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 04:38:14 pm »
G40 good times i've had many as i drive mine everyday but one springs to mind, heading to tesco taking the misses for a quick shop, on economical driving as well (it is possible  LOL) I overtook a black, brand spanking new TT know idea engine etc. only doing about 50mph, next thing i know he is up my arse for the next mile oh joy. Get to around about an told the misses to hold on ive had enough. planted my foot coming out an bye bye TT, well for a short while anyway.

Best thing is he pulls up next to me at tesco jumps out an says "fooking hell thats rapid what you running in that" ofcourse i reply "1.3 supercharged few other little mods but apart from that standard" his face dropped an he said mines a "2.5 turbo" i said problems keeping up then  :D  he didnt say much after that just walked off, as did i with a big smile on me face.

I felt sorry for him spending 20 odd grand on a car when he could of had more fun in my £2500 16 year old G.  :)

Offline Tav

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tell us your g40 good times.
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 01:41:19 am »
You don't get a 2.5 Turbo TT...1.8T or 3.2 V6?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 01:41:40 am by Tav »

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
[quote pid=603 author=Tav date=1207010479]You don't get a 2.5 Turbo TT...1.8T or 3.2 V6?[/quote]

Couldn't comment on that one mate, that is what the bloke told me. however there is a new 2.0 T but he definately said 2.5 it was only last month so i can still remember lol
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 04:59:37 pm by wozzaG40 »

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
[quote pid=614 author=wozzaG40 date=1207064631][quote pid=603 author=Tav date=1207010479]You don't get a 2.5 Turbo TT...1.8T or 3.2 V6?[/quote]

Couldn't comment on that one mate, that is what the bloke told me. however there is a new 2.0 T but he definately said 2.5 it was only last month so i can still remember lol[/quote]

Probably means a 225 TT, as bhp.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
just found these pictures of the trusty van: