Author Topic: you would be gutted....story... no pics yet aircooled beetle  (Read 5472 times)

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
you would be gutted....story... no pics yet aircooled beetle
« on: November 12, 2008, 10:44:24 am »
I live in an apartment complex and recently due to a dispute around parking spaces etc the company that looks after the estate has issued a new set up...each apartment gets one space and a permit..any other cars have to park outside the complex otyher wise they get clamped and 60 quid fine...gutting for the majority of us who have 2 cars..luckily between my girlfriend and i i get the space due to my car being 3rd party/old/rare etc etc.  anyway someone who lives next to us has a second car..an aircooled early 70's beetle..apparenly the woman paid recently 4k for it, way too much imo and opinion of my mates who are proper aircooled boffins.  anyways as a second car it had to park outside the complex...unfortunatly this means the other cars have to park on a busy main road..sunday night someone smashes into it..of all the cars it hit this one...

she had 3rd party insurance and my mate picked it up and she has given it to him its that bad and not worth fixing..she has lost a car she paid 4k for she will be furious as well because aftr this new policy in the complex each night there are loads of free spaces because not everyone has a car..leaving household spaces left to nobody but without a permit you can't park in it.

this is exactly the reason i argued with my girlfriend why my car gets the permit...i'd be devastated!!

I'll try get pics from the garage asap.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: you would be gutted....story... no pics yet aircooled beetle
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 11:31:52 am »
shouldn't the person's insurance who crashed into it pay out?  Or did they just do a runner or something?  Very gutted anyway.  One of the many reasons I couldn't be doing with living in an apartment like that, I like my garage and driveway far too much!  Plus having neighbours on all sides, above and below would do my head in. 

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 11:43:34 am »
i really do want to get a garage as at the min anything i do i have to go to my mothers where all my tools are.  as for people above below etc its not bad as its got really good sound proofing i never hear a soul although it was a worry of mine at first.  i never thought of that insurance wise ill find out more later tonight but possible they dissapeared...

Offline NeilG40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 06:12:10 pm »
I don't think I could cope with being in an apartment surrounded by people, it's bad enough being in a semi.

Offline GSBellew

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 10:44:04 pm »
Ouch thats nasty  :(

Just a thought though, do you have an uninsured drivers fund over there?

Perhaps they also cover victims of hit and runs if you do? Would be worth making a call.

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 02:48:42 pm »
ive got pics to upload for now...i aint making a call to anyone ha ha its not my car and i hardly know them..although my mate has the car now for bits... :)  she hs lost out big time though my mate paid the police recovery for her 150 quid and there are quite a few bits salvagable on it.

Offline jimbugalee

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 09:06:08 am »
I'm looking at moving out in the New Year and I'm having to consider the parking.  Mainly because I'm a rubbish parallel parker!! But seriously, I don't want my cars parked half way down the road.

I'm probably going to rent a garage from the council, think they're about £30 a month or something. There's loads in the area I am looking at moving so it's likely I can store my olop near my house/flat.

I visited a friend in a block of flats the other day and asked why no one parked in the parking area - it was completely empty.  Apparently the leasehold owner started saying people have to pay to park there a get a permit etc.  No one did so the car park is empty and everyone parks on the road!