Author Topic: arial turned to dust...  (Read 2410 times)

Offline dom101

• Members
arial turned to dust...
« on: June 30, 2012, 01:27:02 pm »
basically my roof arieal, was worn and snapped off whilst driving, i was left with to little circuit boards(amp?)which have now also snapped off, attached to what cna be described as chalk, ive picked it all away, and pulled out the connecting whire but it seems to be welded into the aerial base, whats left of it anyway.

Im guessing i need a new arial mast and wriring? do i need to re wire a wole new arial? i also cant find an aeril replacement for a 92 g40?

any help would be greatly appriciated as when it comes to electrics as simple as it may sound im lost.

thanks

Dom

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
Re: arial turned to dust...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 09:27:03 am »
I think most of the VW group share a common ariel set-up. Oddly enough, my 56 Skoda has an almost identical ariel to the G, including wiring. The base is exactly the same, with only a fold down mod. to differentiate. A visit to the local scrappies for a look at their VW's should prove worthwhile.

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 11:07:25 pm »
I asked about a gasket for the aerial at my local stealers and was informed it came with the aerial. Which was probably obsolete!

I have one sitting in the footwell of my daily complete with wiring etc. Its a bit split on the rubber, but all in functioning order. Yours for a few quid if you get stuck.

Offline g40will

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 08:37:25 am »
You can buy the replacement base rubber from ebay they are generic vw iirc i found one of these for about £3.50 when i got a respray.