Author Topic: Dodgy hall sender replacemnt findings  (Read 8220 times)

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Dodgy hall sender replacemnt findings
« on: March 26, 2008, 11:13:58 pm »
Cut from clubpolo as i forgot how something as boring as this or should i say technical  O_o  as this  can fall on deaf ears on CP if its not whats the widest wheels i can fit  LOL   anyway.  ive asked the lad Tom who helped me with his 'how to ' thread to join up on club g40 and post some of his FAQ' s for us which will be really useful and resourceful for the site!  

The topic:

following on from my previous running issues thread:

As  per usual im moaning, but so what...........
As per usual with my car, everything i replace, the previous owners have butchered or knackered with something, EVERY SINGLE TIME.  this kinda ties nicley with the current G40 thread in general chat actually.

Anyway I bought a new bosch hall sender for my G from GSF and it comes as a little kit with shims, the sender, new seal etc.  was about 60 quid for the kit.   i can think of no reason whatsoever with this kit available from bosch to buy a new dizzy from vag???  as this IS the dizzy!  its the electronics which make it what it is!

you can see in the above picture two unused screw holes where the new/original hall sender goes

So I marked on the dizzy and head and took it off.  opened it up and its a completely different hall sender to the one I have just bought, worried I would be if the new one didn't look exactly the same as Tom's who posted the 'how to' thread  see here for an Excellent guide - http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=91373

but it did and it had 4 holes to attach it with the screws.  The new one as can be seen in the pic only had two, one of which was loose and the other of which looked as though someone had been chewing it??  Donkeys!!  It's a bosch one though?? part number:  1230 329 062

Looking through the history of the car before I got it, this hall sender was new in 2005 just before I got the car, but I am sure it's the root of my issues.

Anyway I have changed it and now the 4 holes which were abandoned inside the dizzy when the wrong hall sender was fitted are now filled as they should have been, the car started without its usual miss fire on start up and is a lot smoother in higher gears at slow speeds.  whether it has fully cured the morning miss fire, i will report tomorrow but so far so good...

Anyway, all is good so far, new vacuum hoses from vag tomorrow, put my new, (thought they were faulty) W5DP0's back in and all should be good.  Moral of the story?? dont be a pikey tw*t, if you cant do it properly dont even bother!

I wonder if any of you guys know what the old hall sender was off?  cos it still worked just not for long???

Dan
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 11:40:17 am by supercharged spaniel »

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Dodgy hall sender replacemnt findings
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 08:46:50 am »
dan dan dan - less swearing, we are adults here

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: Dodgy hall sender replacemnt findings
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 09:32:39 am »
looks like it might be off a mk4 polo.  should work fine, my G40 has a complete mk4 dizzy.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 09:33:03 am by hayesey »

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Re: Re: Dodgy hall sender replacemnt findings
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 11:39:08 am »
[quote pid=532 author=peteg40 date=1206607610]dan dan dan - less swearing, we are adults here[/quote]

lol sorry mate  speaking out loud and typing with a potty mouth  LOL
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 11:40:53 am by supercharged spaniel »