Author Topic: still missing  (Read 4539 times)

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
still missing
« on: April 18, 2008, 02:07:07 am »
right starting again...  ive still got this missfire on start up.  its not related to being really cold or damp and it only does it after standing a while say you go out in the morning come home start the car up in the evening itll do it... leave it over night itll do it in the morning then too, so its when its left for a considerable amount of time.  it goes really quickly too say by the end of the street...  its as if its over fuelling?  i had this thought that maybe there is some kind of non-return some where in the fuel system that isnt working right so the fuel is flooding something when its stood a while?

the thing is the car runs MINT!  fuel consumption is good, but its missing on start up and it shouldnt!  so something is up somewhere!  ive had the timing checked and thats now bang on...  now i did notice that when i had the car off the raod for about a week i was pretty sure i'd left about 10 quids worth of fuel in the tank... but when we got it all running again it was almost on empty?  however i cant see any leaks?  or smell fuel...other than a bit on start up?

i also notice that the fuel level is always lower  than it was when i left it in the morning?  as if its buring loads on start up or its getting out somewhere?  now like i said it isnt leaking, not noticably and there is no smell of fuel when its running?  all the filters and pumps are new and dry and the fuel tank too is new ish, well just before i got the car and again isnt leaking.  is it possible that the fuel filter is the wrong way round? or would it not work at all?

now as per my list in my previous thread everything electrical is new!  im convinced now that its a fuel issue?
its not leaking oil anywhere, its not loosing coolant i could go on..  what could cause overfuelling on start up?
please please please can somebody just make some bloddy suggestions?  even suggestions are good as im at my end with ideas now!

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: still missing
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 02:10:44 am »
can someone post a picture of their fuel pump bracket with filter attached so i can see which way it is supposd to go?  i know it has an arrow on it but its worn off now, but ill be able to see from the lip which way is right.

ive also NOT changed the ecu.  is this worth a change?  mines not chipped by the way

thanks.
dan
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 02:24:23 am by supercharged spaniel »

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Re: still missing
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 12:50:04 pm »
no replies whatsoever on the g40 website?

Offline lance

• Members
Re: Re: Re: still missing
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 04:48:29 pm »
could be running to rich on start up mate have you tried a blue temp sender?

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Re: Re: Re: still missing
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 06:35:24 pm »
[quote pid=1010 author=lance date=1208879309]could be running to rich on start up mate have you tried a blue temp sender?[/quote]

aye i have mate  :(

Offline lance

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: still missing
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 06:40:49 pm »
[quote pid=1019 author=supercharged spaniel date=1208885724][quote pid=1010 author=lance date=1208879309]could be running to rich on start up mate have you tried a blue temp sender?[/quote]

aye i have mate  :([/quote]

id ask if you have checked your new one but am sure your clued up lol. mine has a very slight miss on start up but my GT did too so i just thought it was a polo thing ha ha.