Author Topic: Help needed Kidnapped Shell!!  (Read 2938 times)

Offline spookey

• Members
Help needed Kidnapped Shell!!
« on: May 09, 2012, 12:00:57 pm »
Hi guys This is going to be a long story so please bare with me.

Last year a women backed into my g40 denting the rear quarter quite badly. It all went through insurance fine and i got some money out of her insurance to fix my car great i thought. One of my friends used to run a bodyshop up in derby (he still worked there then) he agreed to fix the damage and give me a full respray for the payout from the insurance. Well last month my mate phoned me a said he has got another job out of the industry and he has basically subcontracted the job to one of his mates in another yard so i thought okay no biggie. But now my mate cant get hold of his mate at all. Im now worried that my shell and bits that were still attached to my shell (stage 3 frame, fuel pump, clocks) have all been scraped buy this guy.

So basically im trying to figure out a way of entering his yard legally to find out if my cars still there. I have got my mate to padlock his yard door with his number on it But we haven't heard anything back. What would you guys do?? Please bare  in mind i live 3 hrs away from derby so cant just "send around the boys"     

Thanks Luke

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
Re: Help needed Kidnapped Shell!!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 12:48:46 pm »
Is it a yard or a lock up.

If its a yard can you not just hop over the wall and see if your shell is still there

Offline spookey

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 01:01:29 pm »
I believe its a yard/lock up type job. I haven't been there for obvious reasons if it was just a yard i would have thought my mate would have done that when he put the padlock on.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 04:09:58 pm »
Ring him, e-mail etc as much contact as possible. Give him a week to reply (he may be on holiday).

After that ring the police with all the information you have. It's their job, and it's what we pay taxes for.

I presume they're both legitimate companies as it's an insurance job?

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 05:13:49 pm »
The insurance company's paid out in cash, leaving him to find a repairer. I remember the post and photos at the time and it was an awkward spot to have a clout. Rear quarter/valance/wheel arch all in a oner. Repairable though, but not worth it for an insurance company. Yes the Police are the way to go, but anything that lets the guy know you're after the shell will help. Message stuck on property with phone no. etc. Failing that, there's a good shell on here for £550.

Offline spookey

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 03:09:54 pm »
Cool cheers for that guys. My mate put his mobile number on the padlock when he locked the gate/door we thought we would have heard back from him preety quickly. Its been 2 weeks since we did that. The first company was a ligitimate company the guy who has the shell now i dont know from adam it all was set up by my mate.

Yea thats the one scotsjohn it all came out rather nicley in the end it just needed painting  ::) ive got my eye on that shell on here its just if i buy that il still be missing the subframe and bits of this shell mabey its just a hit i will have to take  ???   

Im going to try and contact the owner of the yard/lockup see if i can gain acces to it via him. If that fails il contact the police.

Thanks for the help guys.

Offline tez

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 03:40:42 pm »
Good luck getting it back mate. If you do get stuck, I've got a solid genuine late spec shell I'll be selling. Won't be after too much for it either.

Offline pettsy

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 06:09:33 pm »
where abouts in derby is it?im not far if you want me to go and check it out?

Offline spookey

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 11:12:35 am »
Cool thanks for that Tez i will see how this goes and get back to you on that.

Yea that would be really good thank you Pettsy i will get the address or where the lock up is and get back to you. Thanks