Author Topic: Anyone else noticed this little oddity.  (Read 3534 times)

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
Anyone else noticed this little oddity.
« on: March 28, 2012, 06:32:35 pm »
Having had our heads battered incessantly over the past six months about the evil of the media barons, with their interference in the lifes of ordinary mortals such as A-list movie stars, sports personalities and members of parliament, it's refreshing to see who really runs the show.
At the start of the month some miscreant in Culcheth is gunned down by the police and surprise,surprise, he's not armed. Media reaction after the initial report, is total silence.
A couple of weeks later and a Bolton footballer(I'm not sure how good this guy is) gets TWELVE MINUTES as the leader on the national news, for having a heart attack and regular updates even now.
So you don't have to be a dyed in the wool conspiracy theory believer to see that yes! there really is a Big Brother looking after us and feeding us what we need to know.

Offline randombadger69

• Members
Re: Anyone else noticed this little oddity.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:14:00 am »
Oh yeah, its fucked up the control media have. One mention of fuel shortage and that was it, by 11pm the local 24hr garage had sold out of fuel.

Here's one.. mate gets killed on his BMX by young driver when we were 17, tiny article in the paper somewhere near the back.. hushed up.

Another mate hangs himself, has child, involved with parties and various sound-systems, slight whiff of drugs.. front page sun-style "your child is on drugs and is also going to kill themselves" in the local paper.

The one thing I did learn in history. If you want to start a revolution, control of the media is essential! 

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 02:16:28 pm »
to be fair it was that tit of a prime minister we currently have who told everyone to go and panic buy fuel and to store spare fuel in their garages.  Can't really shoot the messenger on that one.

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 02:40:31 pm »
I think this says a lot about the state of our country.

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16199277

Silly cow.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 03:45:28 pm »
She's from Yorkshire, what do you expect?  ;)

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 05:32:14 pm »
I think this says a lot about the state of our country.

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16199277

Silly cow.

Fail.

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 06:28:20 am »
And now the Home Office looking for permission to access your on-line activity (purely under warrant of course, Ho, Ho, Ho!).

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 11:47:42 pm »
And now the Home Office looking for permission to access your on-line activity (purely under warrant of course, Ho, Ho, Ho!).

Yeah, alarm bells are ringing Willie!

So.. im soon up for a new passport, that'll be chipped. I just had my driving license changed due to address, so that's presumably chipped?

And they want to monitor my phonecalls and internet activity?!!

Along with the paper-trail i leave by using any bank/credit cards, or mobile phone.

Yet.. in other places in the world, there is no law about wearing a seatbelt. Cram as many people on/in the nearest vehicle going in the direction you need.

Yet, we need to be monitered and surveilled 24/7?

I understand the culture difference between say the uk (and our use of communication such as the internet) and somewhere where you have no internet and few vehicles in a settlement.

Just, to my hippy-chive-ass-rose-tints, seems a bit much!

Has communication ruined us as a whole?

Depends what your looking for. Personally I crave simplicity. I'd give up all my cars and unneeded posessions for a chilled, self-sufficient, life.