Author Topic: Rallying  (Read 3725 times)

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
Rallying
« on: February 04, 2012, 02:46:02 pm »
I went down to my local shooting club last night, on route i passed a nova which was all tricked up, I thought to myself thats had a lot spent on it as i could make out a rear diff, which made me thing its either been converted to rear or 4 wheel drive. As i went through my home vilage of Freckleton I noticed more rally cars and then I remembered that every 12 months the North West Rally Stages come through.

They were completing the stage which goes around the treatment plant in Freckleton, so I had to pop down and have a look at them all coming off the farmers track. There were a lot of rs 2000, subaru's, evos etc... and then a lot of micras came through. But not one polo.

Were polos ever really used in the lower classes of rallying?

Unfortunately I didnt have my camera on me so i couldnt get any pics. They are all off rallying on the promenade over at blackpool today, but its rainging ice so i decided to sack it off as its too bloody cold. My car is a solid block of ice at the moment, so no snow here like forcast.

Offline pettsy

• Members
Re: Rallying
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 05:12:23 pm »
got a pic on my old laptop of a red and a blue/silver g40 rallying in malta i think it was. Found a couple more on google images...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanz11/5948611522/

http://myweb.northshore.edu/users/aduarte01/Images/ricardo_lopes.jpg

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 08:55:15 pm »
What would have to be carried out to your car to enter it into a beginners stage of rallying.

As some of the cars didnt look anything special, But you could hear that every one of them had straight cut gears whining away. I have always thought about entering into rally stages but obviously never have.

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 10:09:54 pm »
I've got a few Mk3 rallying photos on my computer somewhere. But I've got a few thousand Polo images on there so it'll take some looking! :D

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 05:19:32 pm »
Has any one ever fancied giving this a go. Seems like a bit of fun.

http://www.gomotorsport.net/en-GB/godrive/EnduranceRoadRally.html

Offline xandyx

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 11:12:44 pm »
if you like vintage trophy/cup cars type "velocidade pt" on facebook and you'll get amazed with the amount of pics and videos from all races that have been famous in Portugal since 1975.

let me know what you think then!

cheers

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 09:17:13 pm »
As promised. Not all rallying probably, some autotest stuff in here. But an idea.

Offline matthew85

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 09:42:17 am »
Heg, Pinches and I have polos built for rallying. Ill get a photo of mine up soon