Author Topic: Fuel pump mounting plate.  (Read 1755 times)

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
Fuel pump mounting plate.
« on: April 03, 2012, 06:37:48 am »
Can't get these any more and mine's looking pretty scabby. Anyone made their own and what's best material?

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
Re: Fuel pump mounting plate.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 12:20:46 pm »
I was wondering the same, when I did my conversion I had to change my pump, when I did so I broke all the rubber mounts so I can now hear the pump noise resonating through the car body wich is quite annoying.

I may end up taking it off an making a new one out of ally at work.

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 10:11:57 pm »
The "brackets" (s-shaped metal straps) are pretty easy to make. I made some out of 2.3mm s/s. Would use 3mm next time. rubbers were still available last time i bought some?

The main plate i had powdercoated, was going to make that and the fuel filter clip out of stainless (Thin wall pipe with the right OD and some tags fused on). Still may do.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:14:03 pm by randombadger69 »

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 08:07:50 am »
Sounds pretty professional;I was thinking along the line of cable ties. I'll take the idea to my local torchman, reckon that's the way to go. Many thanks.

Offline gofasterpinch

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 04:57:00 pm »
i gave the rally car a bit of a going over yesterday and this is the only thing thats really trashed on mine.

i decided to fabricate one from aluminium to replace it long term.

oh and the rubber mounts are just M6 bobbins, they are pretty generic you can buy them relatively cheaply