Author Topic: what do you lot think  (Read 1622 times)

Offline gaz g40

• Members
what do you lot think
« on: March 27, 2012, 10:21:12 am »
i want to keep my gee running the charger as i adore sound of the toothies and people staring with a blank look..... but after my mates did a recent trip to the pod and alot cracked into the high 13s one with a 12.9 ive bin getting some stick about my gee (i dont really mind as i dont speed around more like driving miss daisy) so im wondering would it be possible to get a charged gee into the 13s? what would be required? ive got a spare bottom end and head so works can be done on them also have the schrick g40 cam and a vernier pulley for a supercharged gee also a lightened and ballanced flywheel
my current spec is:
full blend charger
fmic
51mm tb
65mm toothed pullies
psd 4 branch
psd system
oil cooler
KnN panel filter in origanal airbox
8.5mm magnecor ht leads
going for a remap soon to get it all setup correctly
any help tips or advice would be great.... its only to prove oldskool cars can still be fast
thanks gaz

Offline Andy

• Traders
Re: what do you lot think
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 12:14:41 pm »
Drag slicks, LSD and solid suspension are essential to make a G40 competitive up the 1/4 mile. Spend your cash on those and a nitrous kit and you'll go quicker than spunking a grand or so on the engine.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 12:28:28 pm »
As Andy says- but make sure you've got a subframe too if you're running drag slicks, also healthy CV joints!

Mine with 203bhp (1341cc K03) and a 25shot of gas did a 12.5 @ 110mph and cosistently ran in the 12s.

Drag slicks probably give the biggest gain for the £, but you will need a subframe. Also you can't use them on the road!

I think fit your cam, get a remap, subframe & slicks should see you at mid/low 13s.

Yoof

Offline gaz g40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 04:22:37 pm »
Am glad you two av replied. Wot make suspension do use guys recomend? Is your subframes group buy only? Would you recomend big valve head or 1341 bottm end? Thanks for your advise aswell

Offline Raw

• Members
  • It ain't dubbin 'less her thighs are rubbin'
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 12:53:18 pm »
Subframes are avilable outside of group buys. I think Andy's saying don't spend any money on the engine just bolt on the best nitrus kit you can afford and pump a 100 shot in. Also you'll need LSD, Slicks & new CV joints to put all that power down.

Other areas I can suggest you invest in are:
Wideband lambda readout to keep an eye on your AFR.
Charger service (unless you know it's been done recently)

As for suspension I think yoof has replaced his springs with a section of scaffold pole for 1/4 mile work (#snigger)

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 12:55:51 pm »
LOL- They'd have about as much compliance!

Stiff rear end is good (cheeky) but I'd not reccomend driving on the road, Hayesey will testify to this!

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 01:04:57 pm »
Are there options for an uprated CV joint?

if you were to recommend an on road use tyre.. would it be R888? ..

im looking also to run the car up the strip just for my own pleasure and references...

Offline gaz g40

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 05:51:48 pm »
charger has been dun as pete did it before i baught it off of him so i know thats good, i know the car needs a map to get it running to its full potential but finding someone to map a g40 is like trying to get hens teeth either say no or £400 plus vat lmao
well il be in touch with yoof or andy for a frame and probly the adjustable tca arms aswell what do you think about the H n R cup kit any to help suspension wise or is kw the way to go?

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 06:20:08 pm »
We do remaps - £300.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 06:44:29 pm »
Best place to get mapped as well ^^^^^

Offline gaz g40

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 08:31:18 pm »
ye i was thinkin about gettin it done with you lot as your tunin gees all the time so makes sense. where are you guys based al av a butchers on the aa route finder