Author Topic: Brake upgrade time  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Brake upgrade time
« on: February 16, 2012, 08:44:08 pm »
Last 2 things on my list is suspension and brakes.

Looking into the willwood kit for mk1 golf and been searching on the forum for help and got most of it i need. Only thing i want to know it what is the width of the calliper? Would like to know the difference between them and standard g40 ones so i can measure them against my 14"x6" ET 38 speedlines. Going for some bigger brakes as with the power im running the little g40 ones are not doing a good job.

If someone could measure the distance, level, from the strut to the edge of the calliper and let me know that would be fantastic.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Re: Brake upgrade time
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 12:02:03 am »
have you tried contacting wilwood direct they seem pretty helpful with demensions etc and theres a fair bit of infor on there website and i would imagine it would be more accuarte than somone measuring theres as all polos seem to differ a bit measurement wise !

Also have you looked as hispec as they seemed pretty reasonable when i looked into it gave htem a call and they where realy helpful and came out a little bit cheaper

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Brake upgrade time
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 09:10:16 am »
I'd have thought they'd have datasheets on their website really, but I've not looked!

I did have a picture of mine somewhere with some measurements I'd taken but I can't find it.

Whatever ones you get just make sure they are fully dust sealed.