Author Topic: g40 polovan  (Read 18508 times)

Offline poloandyb

• Members
Re: g40 polovan
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 05:45:28 pm »
i know this sites fir vw's but i thought id put some pics up of my new daily drive  ::)
its a 1984 vauxhall carlton 1.8 estate,87.357 miles on the clock,full service upto 80.000,all the old mots and im the 3rd owner..
hope you still like though

Offline Puncharado

• Members
  • Back on the road in 2010! No, 2011! Maybe.
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 11:10:20 pm »
Yep, I like it. Looks in cracking condition.

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 10:01:55 pm »
thanks,yeah iv looked round it and it realy is for the age!! worse bits the passenger wing but trying to source that out as we speak ;D underneiths been waxoiled so is mint

Offline gaz g40

• Members
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 09:05:59 am »
proper pimp grandad bus sounds awesome cause its carb aswell

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 12:01:37 am »
right it feels like forever since iv put anything on about me van,not alots changed over the last couple of months.been to afew retro meets and took it to acouple of shows even got it in the retro mag under owners ride.
but now the time as come to sell.................hahaha only kidding,it's now time for a fresh paint job and acouple of tasty mods,
i started stripping it down for the painters today,i'll take some pics as i go

i know there alittle boring but they'll get better as i go promise lol

Offline Jester

• Members
  • I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 09:55:25 am »
Sweet, you keeping the same color?

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 07:25:04 pm »
Sweet, you keeping the same color?

yeah,as for as i can tell its a vw comercial colour,looks well when polished.the main difference to the outside when its been repainted will be the sign writing im having done.
i was going to get it done lastyear but to be honest as most will know that have seen it the paint work is crap and bugged me to death lol

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 08:09:44 pm »
alittle more got done today,though not without a price  >:(,i started taking the side window out and quarter window the drivers door and ended up smashing the window as it was comin out.guttered isn't the word.
but thankfully the other side came out without any problems so at least there's only one to buy..
always look on the bright side ey  ::)
also took the wings off to have a look how the inner arches are doing,to be fair like most of the underneith,there in pritty good nick..but enuph of me rabbiting on here's some pics

took the lights bumper and all the little bits and pieces off thee rear

once i started didn't take so long,even after i spat the dummy out when the window smashed and went back inside 

Offline Jester

• Members
  • I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 12:43:55 pm »
looking good, looks kinda good without bumpers on the rear.. kit car style.
where did you get them awesome G40 mats? I want them!

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 02:15:59 pm »
one of mates had them kicking about and mine was shot so i borrowed them lol,other then that i aint got a clue mate

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 01:08:34 pm »
windscreens,door glass is out,engines out along with petrol pipes,brake pipes and carpets

found a hole in the floor,luckly the only one

i've also been pondering the colour and,you guessed it's going to change.i've spent a week or so looking and different vw colours and come up with this one.
should look good when the writings on the side aswel

« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 01:10:26 pm by poloandyb »

Offline is,sit

• Members
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 03:46:49 pm »
Very Nice i do love a BreadVan ;) always wanted one to tick off my list See you like ur Retro cars Dub just seen you replyed to my Mk2 Golf Van on Retrorides Fourm  ;) i just got a G40 to play with  ;D just need a Greabox tho  :(

Dave 

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 05:12:17 pm »
Very Nice i do love a BreadVan ;) always wanted one to tick off my list See you like ur Retro cars Dub just seen you replyed to my Mk2 Golf Van on Retrorides Fourm  ;) i just got a G40 to play with  ;D just need a Greabox tho  :(

Dave 

lol yeah iv always liked me old ones (cars i mean)...iv bookmarked you thread on there too,i realy like the golf vans infact i seem to like most vans lol
easy enuph to get a box,mines got an 8p box but iv also got a 1.3 single point as a back up spare,you'll not be disapointed i can tell you lol....you doing a thread on the gee aswel??

Offline DMWG40

• Members
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 03:05:51 pm »
Great looking van

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2012, 05:57:19 pm »
alittle more done today it's still going slower then i would like because of my new shift pattern at work  :angry: but onward and upward.
saturday morning i went to derby to pick up a half cage from a nice bloke with a mk2 bready,got back and and spent most of the afternoon test fitting it.there's still alittle fettling to do but it's getting there i also need to put the cross bar in

then today started with the paint stipping and cutting for the stitch welding and the strengthening bars tacked in place.
i could only tack them because i sodding forgot to pick my welding mask up from me brothers  :rolleyes:

i'll be welding it all up this week so i'll get somemore pics up.i'm up against it at min to get the jobs done because it's booked in for the spray job next month