Author Topic: g40 polovan  (Read 18505 times)

Offline poloandyb

• Members
g40 polovan
« on: February 14, 2012, 01:12:50 pm »
hi all iv been on here acouple of months now and thought id put some pics up of my pride and joy.
iv had the van for just under 2 years.when i bought it,it had a 1ltr 4 speed engine that had done over 250,000 miles lol.the plan was to keep it as a 1ltr and use it for shows and weekend rides but the  1ltr idea didnt last long before alittle more power was wanted  ::)

so i got hold of a 1.4 abd gt and a 5 speed box,the difference was lovely and the grin factor was plain to see
i also painter the wheels and bought a new set of springs and shocks,put a single wiper kit on(not to everyones taste but i like it)andd bought a full powerflow system of a guy in derby

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:14:46 pm by poloandyb »

Offline poloandyb

• Members
Re: g40 polovan
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 01:27:29 pm »
then i got to know a guy called gaz who also had a 1..4 gt coupe but then bought mr knights g40.now this was the first time id seen a gee and defo the first time id been in one and from then on i was hooked on the performance of the little 1.3 charger engine...iv had a nissan 200sx and a bmw m3 evo but the chuckability of the polo is great fun....anyway so the search was on for a gee donar car for my van,with alot of wanted adds and keeping our eyes open i finaly found a complete car that had been kicked from top to bottom buy a drunk and realy wanted alot of work doing to it to get it anywhere near right,but the engine was good and a stage 4 charger was bolted on and it was good money so with the help of me mates the van project began again.

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 01:40:20 pm »
the engine was out and on a stand ready for stripping and rebuilding.then out off the blue i guy got intouch from blackpool who had a complete engine and reconed 5k miles ago,so much to the angure of the missus a trip to blackpool was organized lol,
recon engine

then the time came to take the abd out

and the gee one in,with a
gt inlet (ported)
slightly ported head
larger intercooler
samco hoses

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 02:11:18 pm by poloandyb »

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 01:53:56 pm »

at this point the money was running alittle low so i took the plunge and put my m3 evo on ebay :'( sad times but a very nice guy pressed the buy it now and traveled all the way from german to take it back and it was only on ebay 32 hrs...cant help feeling i should have put it up for more money lol,so the worrk comtinued

around this time pete of here was selling a rather nice R1 charger fully rebuilt..so with the money from the bm burning a hole in my pocket a pm was sent

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 02:08:20 pm »

i ran it a week or so with the stage 4 on just to make shure everything was fine..like any engine convertion there's been problems but it ran and drove GREAT  ;D
so the other day i put the R1 on and wen for a trip to a RAF museum in london to bed it in  :D

there's still alot of upgrades i want to do like
put a 65mm pulley on(at moment its running the standard size)
250cc injectors (iv already got a chip from ppp for that but had a problem with the injectors,but thats another story!!!!)
ordered another ppp chip to put the 65mm pulley on with standard injectors GRRRRRR
bigger throttle body
tooth pulleys
lightened flywheel
cam
vernier

i hope you guys like the work so far please feel free to leave fed baack

Offline SuperMario

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 09:06:09 pm »
banging van dude!!

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 11:44:49 pm »
Epic!

Offline woody02

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 02:17:51 am »
Looks ace, great project!

Offline gaz g40

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 12:15:15 pm »
Haha ur a forum whore dude. We add alot of downs but now its runnin its sweet as a nut! Gota admit I miss ur lases breakies while I wo graftin an u doing your phrography bit good times we had doin this grumpy grandad ;)

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 01:37:46 pm »
hahahahaha i know mate someone had to take the pics lmao..hopefuly it'll be all up from now on for abit anyway lol

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 12:56:57 am »
thanks for the replys guys  im glad you like the work so far

Offline Bucker

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 11:30:51 pm »
Wow!! Good :) job!!

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 08:17:13 am »
only just stumbled across this, so many memories this brought back of mine and petes g40 van!

Does look nice, just something about the panels that give it such a good look

what colour is the car? it looks a really dark red, can not say i have seen it before?

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 03:52:57 pm »
Looking good! Your new chip should be with you tomorrow.

Offline poloandyb

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 11:07:59 am »
only just stumbled across this, so many memories this brought back of mine and petes g40 van!

Does look nice, just something about the panels that give it such a good look

what colour is the car? it looks a really dark red, can not say i have seen it before?

thanks mr knight.i know what you mean with the panels...iv always liked the look of vans though,the guy i bought it off said it was a comercial colour,that dose make sence cus iv seen a couple of t5 and t4 in that coulour too