Author Topic: TA technix and ride height  (Read 2231 times)

Offline hangman

• Members
TA technix and ride height
« on: February 11, 2012, 09:04:58 pm »
Hi, I've been reading this forum for a long time but this is my first post

A few weeks ago I assembled on my g40 a suspension kit from TA technix (40/40mm) however I'm having a little trouble with the ride height , the car is much lower on the back then in the front, no one can use the back seat cause the tires will rub, i don't think that this is should happen ... they say that the rear shocks are ajustable , they have a kind of washer that fit in a various height slots on the shock however I dont know how to remove this washer.

maybe tomorrow I will post a picture of the car with the suspension assembled and you will see clearly the car is leaning back

does anyone had this kind of problems ? and do you know how to adjust the height on the rear shocks ?

Thanks  ;)

(sorry for my bad english)

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: TA technix and ride height
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 09:35:12 pm »
i think you might need to take the rear shocks off the car to pull the spring platform off and put it higher

Offline gaz g40

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 11:34:07 am »
Take the back shocks out altogether remove spring and lift up the cup which seats the spring now you will see the clip. I just use two fat ended flat screwdrivers and push against it. If its the same as I used to have there's 3/4 notchs I think the top is 40mm drop but just have a play an see how you get it to sit. Just make sure you shove that clip all way in hope that's helps
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 11:38:30 am by gaz g40 »

Offline hangman

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 01:53:21 pm »
thanks guys , you've  been very helpfull,

my problem is with the clip that holds the spring platform (i didn't know how to move it), I will try  with the flat screwdriver, and hopefully it will do the trick   ;)