Author Topic: mixture  (Read 1124 times)

Offline g40tom

• Members
mixture
« on: February 01, 2012, 08:07:49 pm »
my polo does not idle correctly, cuts out alot. i think the mixture is not right. can this be adjusted othger than on the throttle body? because the bit to the left on the return pipe is broken. whats thast called? and where can i get one ? cheers.

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
Re: mixture
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:48:33 pm »
Isv may need a clean out pal, if you have a broken pipe thats going to cause issues aswell. Get a pic up of the pipe because its not really clear what part your on about .

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 09:52:55 pm »

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 09:54:22 pm »
The CO pot can be adjusted to change the mixture.
It is found on the black plastic boost pipe that connects to the right of the throttle body.
The adjustment is made via a screw which might be plugged up if it's not been touched from the factory, if it is plugged you'll need to remove the plug to get to the screw underneath.
Use a wide but quite sharp flat blade to make the adjustments, 1/2 turn at a time. Clockwise will richen the mixture, anticlockwise will lean it out.
Using a multimeter you can check the resistance between pins 1&3, this is usually expected to be 550ohms ish, but don't be surprised if it's a couple of hundred ohms different. Full swing is approx 200ohms (rich) to 1.8Kohms (lean).

As etches says, please post a pic of your damaged components too

Offline g40tom

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 08:52:40 pm »
nice one lads cheers for that, very helpful..  ill try and get some pics up tommorrow but by the sound of it, its the co pot on the black plastic pipe thats knackered. would this be a dealer only part?