Author Topic: water temp sensors  (Read 2465 times)

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
water temp sensors
« on: February 07, 2012, 06:02:53 pm »
Can anyone supply me witht the part numbers for the black and blu water temp sensors, it think mine are a bit buggered, as the temp doesnt seem to read what it used to, I have changed the thermostat also to no avail.

Its hovering just above 70 but before it was allways around the 90 mark.

Any help would be great.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Re: water temp sensors
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 12:52:01 am »
pretty sure these black sensors are fairly inaccurate, if you want the part number try vag cat or your local dealer ?

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 09:09:54 am »
Im getting a really rough start up at idle, i remember reading a post on here some where that it was to do with the water temp sensors, and when they were changed it sorted out the issue.

Is the black sensor just for the read out on the dash and the blue on for the ecu.

Would it be more beneficial to get an external water temp sensor with a new thermostat installed into the pipework some where to give me a more accurate readout.

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 09:34:55 am »
Yeah black is for gauge and blue for ecu. Dont forget its bloody cold at the moment. Mine was chugging a bit on start up until I gave it a few revs yesterday morning. Was fine after that.

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 09:46:02 am »
I know what you mean it is worse when its cold. But it started it before we were down to minus figures, there only a few quid each so i aint got much to loose if that does'nt sort it out.

Offline Alexiskayak_7

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 11:04:16 am »
Here you go:
Blue: 025 906 041A
Black: 251 919 501D