Author Topic: Another Turbo Advice thread!...  (Read 7893 times)

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
Re: Another Turbo Advice thread!...
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 06:59:07 pm »
Well mines probably getting around 171k old now, do Gsf or Vw still stock these or is there a good alternative?

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Re: Another Turbo Advice thread!...
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 08:10:27 pm »
when i checked the gsf inline ones where 4 times the price of the aftermarket one i bought so i went for the uprated one there are two good one mentioned herehttp://www.polog40.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,6403.0.html i went for the cheaper of the two although i wish id gone for the walbro now as i cant seem to find any flow information for higher pressures than 3bar for the sytec one i think its rated to 135 lph which is plenty but its rated at 3 bar and i intend on running 1.5bar boost so would like to know the flow at 4.5 bar although i would imagine it will still exeed what i require.

Did a few quick calcs and i rekon for 250bhp you need 1.4 L/minute which is 84 Lph so they sytec one should give plenty of head room and is rated upto 8.5 bar although it would flow a hell of alot less up there!

the walbro one is well more than youll need think it flows about 180Lph at 4.5 bar

You can pick up that sytec one for about £45 if you have a look around try searching for opt017, as for lift pump i bought it from vw think it was around £60-70 but it was worth it because fitment is exactly the same so i could replace just the pump not the entire fuel sender as gsf would only sell it as an entire assembly

Hope this helps and by no means take my calculations as fact just information i used when buying my fuel pumps all of the internet so take with a pinch of salt