Author Topic: Quaife Diff group buy  (Read 69762 times)

Offline AlexG40

• Members
Re: Quaife Diff Potential group buy
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2012, 12:37:02 pm »
Need a firm price, TSR have only stated a Potential price. Personally that gives them too much leeway for me to commit.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2012, 08:52:11 pm »
Do you have any idea how long it'll take Jezza?
I want to be on the road in 4-5 weeks from now (beginning of March) so I'll have to get one separately from the group buy if it'll be 2 months lead time or whatever it may be. I can't imagine they're sitting on a shelf somewhere and have no idea how long it takes to manufacture something like this?
Might just have to bit the bullet and pay extra :( Unless I can arrange more exciting transport than a Corsa diesel. I want to kill myself daily in that car.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2012, 09:03:18 pm »
Ok i will call rob tomorrow and say we got 10 and what price incl vat and postage will be.

I will have to buy them all and take payments from everyone and send them just so you are aware.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2012, 09:10:23 pm »
Cool, cheers! I can send/ paypal you the money whenever you like. Just PM me with details when you've got it all sorted  ;D

Offline dekerf1996

• Members
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2012, 02:16:02 pm »
I am really interested, as stated but need full costs, and expected times for costs and delivery.

£600 is a fair commitment, and although I have it spare, I will need to juggle it with other part buying, hence the need to know timings of cash

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 05:28:18 pm »
Any news on this Jezza?

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 07:24:24 pm »
Going there tomorrow to drop my car off. Will let you all know.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2012, 10:09:57 am »
Don't want to keep on, but any more info? I'm gonna have to pull out soon and buy one seperately if it's no further along.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2012, 10:37:54 am »
Spoke to TSR this week and they put an order through for themselves and he said if i was do this group buy he would need at least 10% deposit then he will make the order. He wanted it this week and i know for a fact that everyone would not of had the money. I certainly didnt after spending a lot on my car for the mot.

Price though he said might of been around £550 but he would need an order to be placed before he got any exact prices. There pretty cheap from TSR anyway and i will be getting one later in the year once i sorted out my car.

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2012, 12:29:53 pm »
Well they are £595 on Quaife's website so thats £45 discount. Better than nothing I suppose.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2012, 12:35:04 pm »
the prices on quaife website are plus vat and carrige by the way

Offline AlexG40

• Members
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2012, 12:38:18 pm »
Spoke to TSR this week and they put an order through for themselves and he said if i was do this group buy he would need at least 10% deposit then he will make the order. He wanted it this week and i know for a fact that everyone would not of had the money. I certainly didnt after spending a lot on my car for the mot.

Price though he said might of been around £550 but he would need an order to be placed before he got any exact prices. There pretty cheap from TSR anyway and i will be getting one later in the year once i sorted out my car.

I'm not being funny with you, but rather TSR. But what kind of business model involves making someone place an order before you'll give them a price?

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2012, 04:45:43 pm »
I think that's more a case of actualy believing that this order is "real" as there must be alot of dreamers and talkers in the modified car buisness. There going to be cheaper than a single price which is pretty cheap already to be honest.

Offline AlexG40

• Members
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2012, 05:58:55 pm »
Yeah, there probably is but none of us would commit till we had a price, regardless of the fact that it would be cheaper. So I fail to see how they expect to get an order like that. I'd be giving a price per unit based on order quantities rewarding bigger numbers. Not asking you to place an order and then we'll tell you what it will cost.

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 07:36:02 pm »
How many people are still interested in this with circa £600 ready to go?