Author Topic: Few questions  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Ä‘uro

• Members
Few questions
« on: October 29, 2008, 08:35:07 am »
Hi lads,

hv few questions for y.

1. on how many degrees camshaft must be placed? I'm asking y. that cos as y. know if its wrong placer micsture of air nd gasoline is to rich or to poor (in my case is to rich nd car spends almost 20 litars/100 km)

2. Can somebody said to me how many wires must hv Lambda for engine fm year 1991 - 1994

3. Can something happen if vacuum pipe fm gas tank hsn't been placed in circuit

4. do somebody hv electric map for G engines

5. what is the ration on y. gerbox nd what kind of dif. do y. hv? (I'm asking y. that cos i placed in G40 gearbox chasis geras of seat Arosa nd now I hv very short gears. In 5th gear when runing 100km/h engine runs on 3800 rpm)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Few questions
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 10:03:35 am »
Hi, welcome to the forum!  8)

I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

1. use the timing marks on the engine, line the dot on the camshaft sprocket up with the arrow on the inner plastic cover.  The bottom pulley, line the '0' mark to the pointer sticking out of the inner plastic cover.

2. four wires (earth, signal and two heater wires).  But you'd be best off getting the proper Bosch part rather than a cheaper "universal" lambda.

3. do you mean the vacuum pipe which goes to the tank breather purge valve (black plastic thing near the front of the engine bay)?  If it's loose then just connect it up yes, or you can remove the valve and the entire charcoal canister.  Just make sure there are no vacuum leaks at all, any vacuum pipe from the engine should be connected to something or blocked up.  Or do you mean you've already got rid of the charcoal canister and you are talking about the see-through pipe that comes from the back of the car to the engine bay?  If so then yes leave that disconnected and unblocked or the tank can't breathe.

4. do you mean a standard G40 ECU map or an aftermarket one?  In either case, check out the "Fahrvergnugen" section on club polo.  Alan who runs that sells aftermarket chips at very cheap prices.  http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showforum=17  Or ask in th wanted section on here.

5. G40 "ATV" gearbox ratios:

Final Drive:   3.333

1st   3.455
2nd   2.095
3rd   1.469
4th   1.098
5th   0.851

By "kind of diff" do you just mean the final drive ratio? 

cheers,
Paul.

Offline Ä‘uro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 08:39:50 am »
Hi Paul,

Tks for y. answers.

1. unerstand

I bought original Lambda for G40 with 4 wires. Only problem is that I conected only signal nd ground but didn't conect heater wires. I don't know where to conect them

3. I already remove valve nd whole canister. nd left it unblecked. I just want to know if this  (valve removing)  can hv influance on fuel consumption.

4. Yes I'm lucking for standar ecu map. How can I know if my computer is related to my engine?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 10:11:05 am »
2. OK, well it should just have a connector for the lambda to plug into.  If that's missing then it sounds like someone has been cutting your loom up and you might have all sorts of problems because of that.  The wires for the heater should be brown (earth) and red/yellow (+12v).  Not sure if it matters which way round they connect or not, both the heater wires from the probe itself are normally white.

3. no it shouldn't effect fuel consumption.  As long as you have blocked up the thin vacuum pipe that used to go to the plastic valve.

4. you'd be best off asking Alan in that section on clubpolo I linked to earlier on.  He may be able to do you a copy of a standard map. 

Offline Ä‘uro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 11:49:59 am »
2. problem is cos i don't hv standard electrical wire set. (original fm G40) but custom made. Fm computer there are only one wire nd lambda hs 4 wires. Cos of that I cant connect lambda as it should be.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 11:57:41 am »
right.  Sounds like a bit of a nightmare really, can you not get a proper g40 wiring loom?  You could just connect 12v and earth to the heater wires.  Although a home made loom could have millions of problems with it.  Even a proper g40 loom in poor condition can cause lots of problems.

Offline Ä‘uro

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 12:50:02 pm »
well it's not a nightmare but problem is that i placed G40 engine into Seat Arosa, Engine was in bed shape nd electrisity was even worse. so decide to make home made electrical sheme. but it was copy/paste the original one. Problem bigins with procesor. thing is fm it only one wire is going out nd lambda hs got 4 wires. So we conested ground nd +12v but two wires (for heting) stayed in the air.
Conected to the computer but lambda is out of circuit. The value is 0.46v. Nothing more. It won't go up or down