Author Topic: funny whoosh sound  (Read 1426 times)

Offline langersG40

• Members
funny whoosh sound
« on: January 12, 2012, 09:28:41 am »
hi was driving to work this morning taken it easy as still running in the new PSD full blend as i was going up a hill i deed use full throttle very briefly and as i come off it made a funny whoosh noise!! never heard this before? dont think its a boost leak or anything, did throttle again and it did it again!! sounds like a waste type sound, could it be that i have a more pressure now from the full blend and that i never noticed this sound on my old unit that had done 155k without a service lol

any help i would be most gratful

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: funny whoosh sound
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 09:33:45 am »
normally if you dont have the hose from the throttle connected it makes this sound.  (boost return mod)

Boost leaks happen up to the throttle body, but this sounds like you may have a leak after the throttle body as with stock boost pipes you dont normally hear this sound.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 10:35:49 am »
a *new* PSD full blend?  how is this possible, they went out of business years ago.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 10:59:39 am »
he means new as he just bought it and it was just serviced.  ;)

Offline langersG40

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 11:02:07 am »
ah pete you beat me to it lol, so pete u reckon its a leak for the pipe after the throttle body back to the charger?? will have a look cheers pete ;)