Author Topic: pipe clip tool for awful pipe clips  (Read 6897 times)

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
pipe clip tool for awful pipe clips
« on: March 23, 2008, 11:30:56 am »
out of interest was there ever a tool available to put those dreaded pipe clips back on?  ive always used jubilee clips but there must of been a tool or a way of gettin them back on??

sorry for yet another post!!!

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: pipe clip tool for awful pipe clips
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 01:56:56 pm »
think there is - but they are single use i think

pete

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
Re: Re: pipe clip tool for awful pipe clips
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 03:46:01 pm »
Yeah there will be at the dealers. It is a type of crimping tool, probably also used to put the OE CV boot clips on as well.

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Re: Re: pipe clip tool for awful pipe clips
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 04:04:12 pm »
[quote pid=474 author=Nick_S date=1206287161]Yeah there will be at the dealers. It is a type of crimping tool, probably also used to put the OE CV boot clips on as well.[/quote]

im not on best terms with the guys in the workshop so i wont be asking them lol

im gonna buy new clips with the vacuum hoese i buy this week, do you reckon with a bit of patience ill get em on with some pliers?

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Re: Re: Re: pipe clip tool for awful pipe clips
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 04:10:16 pm »
bit of research and they are called Oetiker clamps.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: pipe clip tool for awful pipe clips
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 02:27:44 pm »
i'd not be surprised if they didnt supply screw on pipe clips to be honest

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: pipe clip tool for awful pipe clips
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 11:20:45 am »
you can't re-use those clips.  You can get a tool that crimps new clips on, don't think it's VW only, pretty sure various tool places will sell them.  But to be honest, they are a pain in the arse trying to use pliers will just fuck them up and you'll not get a seal.  What pipes are you planning on using them on?  If the fuel pipe then just get some proper fuel pipe clips from any motor factors they are much better and re-usable!  Jubilee clips are no good for fuel pipes as you have to overtighten them to get a proper seal which can knacker the pipe.

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: pipe clip tool for awful pipe clips
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 01:14:03 pm »
its only for vaccuum hoses.  ive just ordered some new ones.  the part numbers have been supersceded sp?  so ill see what they are like when i pick them up and give them a go.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: pipe clip tool for awful pipe clips
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 01:52:17 pm »
clips on vacuum hoses?  none of mine have ever had any on.

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: pipe clip tool for awful pipe clips
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 04:32:01 pm »
[quote pid=503 author=hayesey date=1206453137]clips on vacuum hoses?  none of mine have ever had any on.[/quote]

some of mine do some dont.  checked on etka and they should have.  the ones on the end of the injector rail fuel pressure reg thing and the one to the front of the throttle body too.

Offline Tav

• Members

Offline Beavis

• Members
The orginal VW fuel and vac hose clips are reusable, Snap on supply the correct plyers to release/reclip the clamps and clamp single use Oetiker without cutting into them. They are £18. VW have superseded some Oetiker clamps with Worm drive claps which are generic for all fuel hoses.

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
[quote pid=548 author=Beavis date=1206662726]The orginal VW fuel and vac hose clips are reusable, Snap on supply the correct plyers to release/reclip the clamps and clamp single use Oetiker without cutting into them. They are £18. VW have superseded some Oetiker clamps with Worm drive claps which are generic for all fuel hoses.[/quote]

thatll be why when i went in today they said the clips i had ordered where unavailable then!

Offline chasesfc

• Members
if you want the proper tool for the clips you are on about i will post the part number down tomorrow when i go back to work because i just ordered some from our parts department due to doing a passat inlet manifold. the tool is perfect for them. you can re use them. if you dont have the tool they are a nightmare.