Author Topic: Whats my polo worth.  (Read 1445 times)

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
Whats my polo worth.
« on: November 03, 2011, 12:59:39 pm »
I know i havent had it long.

But other comitments are now taking priority. I wont be selling up just yet but i can see i may have to in a couple of months or so.

It is basicly a Bready conversion in white.

The g40 engine has covered 105,000 or 115,000 miles i cant remember what robin said when i bought it off him.

The car before had covered 85,000 miles.

Im still on standard suspension, standard wheels.

Its got

Stage 2 charger done by jabba sport,
ARB Blocks, and bushes where the ARB goes through the arm (Gladdersiete ones)
G40 Front brakes and standard rear drums.
New braided brake lines front and rear.
New fuel pump to accomdate the engines needs.
new front and rear wheel bearings
Jetex fell exhaust from the cat back, joined to a stainless 4 branch manifold.
The interior is in perfect condition but is not the g40 interior just the standard polo interior.
The body work is ok but not fantastic, there is a few dinks and rust spots but nothing major.

I just want to know what its going to be worth other wise i will put the old engine back in , sell the car as standard, and sell the engine as a complete conversion.

Cheers in advance.

Gavin

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Whats my polo worth.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 01:06:52 pm »
really hard to put a price on such a thing, esp with no pictures or details of tax. mot etc...

but since it's a conversion and it doesn't sound like the bodywork is anything to write home about, I'd not say much more than a grand.  breadvans tend to be less desirable too.

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 01:20:36 pm »
really hard to put a price on such a thing, esp with no pictures or details of tax. mot etc...

but since it's a conversion and it doesn't sound like the bodywork is anything to write home about, I'd not say much more than a grand.  breadvans tend to be less desirable too.

It would be sold with full tax and test.

I will try and get a few pics up at the weekend just so people can see. The body work isnt bad, i suppose i just made it sound worse than it is in my previous post.

Ideally i dont want to get rid but times are hard at the moment for me, and my supra is going to have to go too. Sad times.  :(

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 01:36:04 pm »
also, when was the charger serviced and do you have the receipt to back this up?  Might be able to add £100 or so onto the price if it has this evidence and was done pretty recently.

Offline AlexG40

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 06:44:09 pm »
I think Hayesey is on the button. Prices are rock bottom at the moment.  >:(