Author Topic: Charger noise  (Read 9684 times)

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Charger noise
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 07:23:13 pm »
i'd have a look but im in sheffield.. If it was serviced 1k miles ago it really shouldn't have gone!!

Offline dubpolishers

• Members
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 08:02:37 am »
i'd have a look but im in sheffield.. If it was serviced 1k miles ago it really shouldn't have gone!!

was my thoughts exactly.. the reason i brought it  :( how much should another charger be??

dam sheffield is just a tad bit far.. thnks tho..

Offline G-spot

• Members
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 08:05:13 am »
Wrong end of M4 fo me, though I may be in Heathrow doing some work tomorrow lunchtime ish, but I can't guarantee I'll have time as I'll be with my non-motoring ethusiast colleuge's.  Can you do a vid on your phone and post it here?

Offline dubpolishers

• Members
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 08:26:37 am »
yeah i got a day off tomorrow so may be able to meet u.. but will try and do a video tomorrow during day light to show the engine and the noise... and take it fromt here... but from speaking to various people thinks its the charger... best to go down the turbo route now instead of another lader??

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 09:31:50 am »
depends, sometimes you can pick up a charger for £100-150 but then it'll need a service. Or perhaps £350-600 for a serviced one.

It may not be dead tho - get the damage looked at if needs be before condemning it.  It you have some circlip pliers, side cutting pliers and some allen keys then i could talk you over dismantling it over the phone - after you've got it off the car. Either that or ship it to one of us (or g-werks) to inspect it. 

Offline dubpolishers

• Members
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 10:21:49 am »
i think that may be my best bit..im not that mechanically minde dbut htink its about time i started... yeah gonna prob get it off the car than i'll giv eu a shout and we cna open it up and tell me what to look for... any diagrams of how to get it out the car would be very very helpful guys...

cheers

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 10:43:57 am »
i think there is a FAQ about how to remove it (though will be based ona mk3 - so you might have to remove a bit more on a mk5 like slam panel etc)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 10:57:16 am »
think it's in the FAQ section.

Offline dubpolishers

• Members
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 11:22:36 am »
wicked u guys are propper helpful much appreciated...