Author Topic: GT/G40 PRICE DROP!  (Read 5707 times)

Offline jooshy63

• Members
GT/G40 PRICE DROP!
« on: August 20, 2011, 02:02:45 pm »
For Sale is my VW Polo 1.3 GT/G40
My first for sale thread so please bare with me for the time being. Any questions on the car or anything you feel I've missed out, please contact me on the Email below.
I bought this car after being involved in a accident in my previous G40. This shell was originally rotting along the common spots, sills and battery tray, so this was one of the first jobs I needed doing
to get the car through MOT. The sills and battery tray have now been welded to a high standard and flew through MOT back in March with only one advisory being a nail in one tyre.
Now having a car on the road, I could now go ahead with the G40 conversion. The engine has covered 162,000 miles, has had regular oil changes and had a rebuilt gearbox at 151,000. The cambelt was
replaced at 130,000 along with a a full blend charger service at 143,000 by Jabba. I have two folders full of paperwork from both the engine and shell. I was told by the previous owner the engine could well
be giving out roughly 140bhp but I have no proof of this and neither did he but, this car can be a quick car when it wants to be and handles brilliantly.
Let's just get on with the spec, good and bad points shall we?

GOOD POINTS

Engine

Full PSD stainless steel exhaust system (decat)
SNS stage 5 chip
65mm Toothed belt Kit
Full blend charger (full service by Jabba at 143,070)
Jabba sport Induction kit with heat shield
Boost return mod
Samco hoses

Suspension and Transmission

Lowered on springs, 60/80 (I believe)
H&R 60/40 cup kit (These are currently still on the old shell but can remove them before sale if needed, not sure on condition though)
Front lower strut brace
Genuine clutch  (151,000)
Gear box rebuilt  (151,000)
New wheel bearings replaced all round prior to MOT.
Radiator, 2speed fan and complete drive shafts have been replaced on both sides.

Wheels and Tyres

13'' Borbet Atiwes
4x Yokohama A539's (Also have 3 spare ones wrapped on BBS RA's)
239mm EBC grooved and drilled dics (Again, not currently fitted)
EBC Red stuff pads
DOT 5.1 brake fluid
Rear brakes have had a complete overhaul.
(new cylinders, springs, drums, brake cables, hand brake cable etc...)

Interior and ICE/Security

Remote central locking,
Alarm with sensitivity switch located on dash. (One option is VERY sensitive, a slight tap can trigger it)
Boost gauge,
Front dash speakers,

Exterior

De-badged Grill
Clear indicators
H.I.D head lights 6k Diamond white (fitted but not wired up, standard bulbs supplied)
G40 badges front and rear.

Now for the usual niggly bad points.

The front wipers don't seem to want to work, there is movement in the arms but they just do not move. This has only happened in the past couple of weeks, I just do not have time to
get around to doing it, along with the only bad points.

One full beam headlight does not work, I've looked into this problem, checked and replaced the bulbs and they seem to be fine, I believe it could be something with the wiring somewhere, again,
I know nothing about electrics, so do not have a clue how to sort this problem.

The rear N/S quarter has had a poor hack at a respray at some point in it's life, this was done by I believe, 2 owners before me. The paint has cracked but does not seem to be getting any worse.
There is also a "BUM" dent in the rear quarter too, I believe some clever cloggs has attempted to be a Mr Muscle at some point and tried lifting the car from underneath the arch.
Apart from these, the paintwork is faultless for a 20 year old car, obviously there's the usual couple of door dings, but nothing major.

The exhaust does sit rather low to the floor with two people in and as a result, has sustained a few blows throughout. I've tried fixing these up with some paste and it seems to have solved a fair few of the blows.

The main problem with the car at the moment is the gearbox or gear linkage. Where the exhaust sits underneath the gear linkage and rod, I believe it's been knocked with a bit of force from the exhaust and may
have knocked the gears out of sync. As a result, I no longer have 1st gear. I'm hoping it's just the gears need realigning and nothing else major, I can't think it would be gearbox related as it was only rebuilt
10,000 miles ago.

The Borbets do have slight kerbing to them, but they do polish up really nice when cleaned. (See pics)

I've been as honest as I can with this and I'm sure there's things I've missed out, so please, if you feel I have, do no hesitate to email me, I check my emails throughout the day anyway so should get back to you
relatively quickly.

Now for a price. I really have no idea, so I'll say £1,500 but open to offers.
Viewings are welcome but I work most days so may be difficult.

Email: jooshy63@hotmail.com

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 07:13:17 pm by jooshy63 »

Offline jooshy63

• Members
Re: GT/G40
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 11:45:02 am »
Any Offers?

HIDs are now fitted and working both hi/low.

Offline jooshy63

• Members
Re: GT/G40
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 07:12:54 pm »
PRICE DROP!
£1200 AND NOT A PENNY LESS!

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
Re: GT/G40 PRICE DROP!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 11:45:52 pm »
Thats a lot of car for the money.

Offline Boris

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 11:56:28 pm »
Why has this not sold?  ???

The gear selection may just be needing an adjustment, same thing happened to me, i.e. lost first gear, when I rebuilt my engine.  A little tweek and it was spot on again.

Offline jooshy63

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 01:26:28 am »
I'm pretty shocked the at the lack of interest it's had myself to be honest. I've had nothing but young drivers just passed wanting to do swaps for their 6N Polos.
 If I find the time to get underneath and get first gear back, I'll be keeping it till tax is up and selling it again.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 12:29:03 pm »
My mate's interested.

Where are you? When's the tax up?

What's the crack with the gear linkage? Does it need set up or is the box on it's last legs?

Cheers

Offline Vwdave

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 09:39:09 pm »
Was the engine from the h plate red g40

Offline jooshy63

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 04:02:50 pm »
It was yes, deposit now taken.

Offline jooshy63